Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chk2 (phospho T383)
- Suitable for: ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Chk2 (phospho T383) antibody
See all Chk2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chk2 (phospho T383)
SpecificityDetects Human Chk2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 383 (Mouse: Thr387; Rat: Thr386)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Chk2.
Database link: O96017
- WB: COS7 cell extracts, UV treated (30 mins). ICC: Human colon carcinoma cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 61 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
FunctionRegulates cell cycle checkpoints and apoptosis in response to DNA damage, particularly to DNA double-strand breaks. Inhibits CDC25C phosphatase by phosphorylation on 'Ser-216', preventing the entry into mitosis. May also play a role in meiosis. Regulates the TP53 tumor suppressor through phosphorylation at 'Thr-18' and 'Ser-20'.
Tissue specificityHigh expression is found in testis, spleen, colon and peripheral blood leukocytes. Low expression is found in other tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHEK2 are associated with Li-Fraumeni syndrome 2 (LFS2) [MIM:609265]; a highly penetrant familial cancer phenotype usually associated with inherited mutations in p53/TP53.
Defects in CHEK2 may be a cause of susceptibility to prostate cancer (PC) [MIM:176807]. It is a malignancy originating in tissues of the prostate. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas that develop in the acini of the prostatic ducts. Other rare histopathologic types of prostate cancer that occur in approximately 5% of patients include small cell carcinoma, mucinous carcinoma, prostatic ductal carcinoma, transitional cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma (basaloid), signet-ring cell carcinoma and neuroendocrine carcinoma.
Defects in CHEK2 are found in some patients with osteogenic sarcoma (OSRC) [MIM:259500].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CHK2 subfamily.
Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PLK4.
Cellular localizationNucleus; Nucleus. Isoform 10 is present throughout the cell and Nucleus > PML body. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Recruited into PML bodies together with TP53.
- Information by UniProt
- CDS 1 antibody
- Cds1 antibody
- Cds1 homolog antibody
All lanes : Anti-Chk2 (phospho T383) antibody (ab59408) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COS7 cell extracts, UV treated (30 mins)
Lane 2 : COS7 cell extracts, UV treated (30 mins) with immunising phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 61 kDa
HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained for Chk2 (phospho T383) (green) using ab59408 at 1/100 dilution in ICC/IF, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunizing phosphopetide.
ab59408 staining Chk2 (phospho T383) in human colon carcinoma cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 and blocked with 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 37°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS + 1% BSA) for 1 hour at 37°C. A FITC-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab59408 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Dias MH et al. Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 lethally sensitizes cancer cells to stress-targeted therapeutic inhibitors. Mol Oncol 13:290-306 (2019). PubMed: 30422399
- Liu X et al. Celastrol mediates autophagy and apoptosis via the ROS/JNK and Akt/mTOR signaling pathways in glioma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:184 (2019). PubMed: 31053160
- Kim SH & Park JW IDH2 deficiency impairs cutaneous wound healing via ROS-dependent apoptosis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:165523 (2019). PubMed: 31376482
- Lin S et al. Neddylation inhibitor MLN4924 induces G2 cell cycle arrest, DNA damage and sensitizes esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells to cisplatin. Oncol Lett 15:2583-2589 (2018). PubMed: 29434977
- Hu J et al. Nuclear localization of EIF4G3 suggests a role for the XY body in translational regulation during spermatogenesis in mice. Biol Reprod 98:102-114 (2018). PubMed: 29161344
- Petsalaki E & Zachos G Chk2 prevents mitotic exit when the majority of kinetochores are unattached. J Cell Biol 205:339-56 (2014). PubMed: 24798733
- Liu C et al. Exposure to bisphenol A disrupts meiotic progression during spermatogenesis in adult rats through estrogen-like activity. Cell Death Dis 4:e676 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23788033
- Kerns SL et al. Geminin is required for zygotic gene expression at the Xenopus mid-blastula transition. PLoS One 7:e38009 (2012). WB ; Xenopus tropicalis . PubMed: 22662261
- Guo X et al. Interdependent phosphorylation within the kinase domain T-loop Regulates CHK2 activity. J Biol Chem 285:33348-57 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20713355