Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CHMP4B
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CHMP4B antibody
See all CHMP4B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CHMP4B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Zebrafish
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105767 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionProbable core component of the endosomal sorting required for transport complex III (ESCRT-III) which is involved in multivesicular bodies (MVBs) formation and sorting of endosomal cargo proteins into MVBs. MVBs contain intraluminal vesicles (ILVs) that are generated by invagination and scission from the limiting membrane of the endosome and mostly are delivered to lysosomes enabling degradation of membrane proteins, such as stimulated growth factor receptors, lysosomal enzymes and lipids. The MVB pathway appears to require the sequential function of ESCRT-O, -I,-II and -III complexes. ESCRT-III proteins mostly dissociate from the invaginating membrane before the ILV is released. The ESCRT machinery also functions in topologically equivalent membrane fission events, such as the terminal stages of cytokinesis and the budding of enveloped viruses (HIV-1 and other lentiviruses). ESCRT-III proteins are believed to mediate the necessary vesicle extrusion and/or membrane fission activities, possibly in conjunction with the AAA ATPase VPS4. When overexpressed, membrane-assembled circular arrays of CHMP4B filaments can promote or stabilize negative curvature and outward budding. Via its interaction with PDCD6IP involved in HIV-1 p6-and p9-dependent virus release.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed at higher level in heart and skeletal muscle. Also expressed in brain, colon, thymus, spleen, kidney, liver, small intestine, placenta, lung and peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHMP4B are the cause of cataract posterior polar type 3 (CTPP3) [MIM:605387]. A subcapsular opacity, usually disk-shaped, located at the back of the lens. It can have a marked effect on visual acuity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNF7 family.
DomainThe acidic C-terminus and the basic N-termminus are thought to render the protein in a closed, soluble and inactive conformation through an autoinhibitory intramolecular interaction. The open and active conformation, which enables membrane binding and oligomerization, is achieved by interaction with other cellular binding partners, probably including other ESCRT components.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Late endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Charged multivesicular body protein 4b antibody
- CHM4B_HUMAN antibody
- chmp4b antibody
Anti-CHMP4B antibody (ab105767) at 1 µg/ml + lysate prepared from THP-1 cells
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab105767 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Proteomic Profiling of Purified Rabies Virus Particles. Virol Sin 35:143-155 (2020). PubMed: 31429011
- Larios J et al. ALIX- and ESCRT-III-dependent sorting of tetraspanins to exosomes. J Cell Biol 219:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32049272
- Arii J et al. ESCRT-III mediates budding across the inner nuclear membrane and regulates its integrity. Nat Commun 9:3379 (2018). PubMed: 30139939
- Mierzwa BE et al. Dynamic subunit turnover in ESCRT-III assemblies is regulated by Vps4 to mediate membrane remodelling during cytokinesis. Nat Cell Biol 19:787-798 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28604678
- Gong YN et al. ESCRT-III Acts Downstream of MLKL to Regulate Necroptotic Cell Death and Its Consequences. Cell 169:286-300.e16 (2017). PubMed: 28388412
- Robijns J et al. In silico synchronization reveals regulators of nuclear ruptures in lamin A/C deficient model cells. Sci Rep 6:30325 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27461848
- Pocognoni CA et al. ESCRT (Endosomal Sorting Complex Required for Transport) Machinery Is Essential for Acrosomal Exocytosis in Human Sperm. Biol Reprod 93:124 (2015). PubMed: 26490837
- Chassefeyre R et al. Regulation of postsynaptic function by the dementia-related ESCRT-III subunit CHMP2B. J Neurosci 35:3155-73 (2015). PubMed: 25698751
- Schiel JA et al. FIP3-endosome-dependent formation of the secondary ingression mediates ESCRT-III recruitment during cytokinesis. Nat Cell Biol 14:1068-78 (2012). PubMed: 23000966
- Bodon G et al. Charged Multivesicular Body Protein 2B (CHMP2B) of the Endosomal Sorting Complex Required for Transport-III (ESCRT-III) Polymerizes into Helical Structures Deforming the Plasma Membrane. J Biol Chem 286:40276-86 (2011). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21926173