Product nameAnti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody
See all Choline Acetyltransferase primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Choline Acetyltransferase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Chicken
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR16590] (ab178850)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR13024(B)] (ab181023)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR13024(B)] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab192465)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR13024(B)] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab192466)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR16590] - BSA and Azide free (ab221793)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR13024(B)] (Phycoerythrin) (ab224000)
- Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody [EPR13024(B)] - BSA and Azide free (ab224267)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18736 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use on perfusion fixed tissue (1% sodium Nitrite in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 20 min then 4% formaldehyde containing 15% picric acid in 0.1M TBS,pH, 7.4 for 20min). Please note sections must be post fixed if the tissue is cut freshly.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/100. PubMed: 18393628|
FunctionCatalyzes the reversible synthesis of acetylcholine (ACh) from acetyl CoA and choline at cholinergic synapses.
Involvement in diseaseMyasthenic syndrome, congenital, 6, presynaptic
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the carnitine/choline acetyltransferase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Acetyl CoA choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Acetyl CoA:choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- ChAT antibody
ab18736 staining Choline Acetyltransferase in mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed by perfusion with paraformaldehyde, permeablized with 0.3% Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% donkey serum in 0.3% Triton X-100/TBS for 1 hour at 21°C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in 1% donkey serum + 0.3% Triton X-100/TBS) at 4°C for 24 hours. An Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated donkey anti-sheep polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescence of Rat Forebrain tissue labeling ChAT with ab18736 using a 1µg dilution.
Immunohistochemical detection of ChAT in rat basal forebrain using Sheep anti ChAT (ab18736).
Rat was perfused with 1% sodium Nitrite in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 20 min. and then fixed with 4% formaldehyde containing 15% picric acid in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 30 min. The brain was then cryoprotected in 30% overnight and cut into 40 nm free-floating sections. Sections were washed 2x with TBS for 20 min. and passed through asending ethanol and finally transferred to 0.1 M TBS for rehydration for 1h.
This product has been referenced in:
- Merolli A et al. Reciprocal nerve staining (RNS) for the concurrent detection of choline acetyltransferase and myelin basic protein on paraffin-embedded sections. J Neurosci Methods 311:235-238 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30391262) »
- Wang L et al. Motor neuron degeneration following glycine-mediated excitotoxicity induces spastic paralysis after spinal cord ischemia/reperfusion injury in rabbit. Am J Transl Res 9:3411-3421 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28804557) »