Product nameAnti-Chp1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chp1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Schizosaccharomyces pombe
- This antibody gave a positive signal in S. pombe whole cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18191 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use 2.5µg for 107 cells.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 109 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 109 kDa).|
RelevanceChp1 a chromodomain protein associates with the S. pombe mating type locus and telomeres. Chp1 localization to heterochromatin depends on its chromodomain and the C-terminal domain of the protein. Chp1 and centromeric siRNAs are components of the RITS (RNA-induced initiation of transcriptional gene silencing) complex. The association of RITS with centromeres is linked to Dicer activity, which is required to cleave centromeric transcripts to produce short interfering RNAs that actively recruit components of heterochromatin to centromeres.
- Chromo domain containing protein 1 antibody
- Chromodomain protein Chp1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Chp1 antibody (ab18191) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : S. pombe chp1Δ lysate
Lane 2 : S. pombe wildtype lysate
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Observed band size: 109 kDa
Additional bands at: 102 kDa (possible degradation product)
ab18191 specifically recognises Chp1 at 109 kDa in wildtype S. pombe lysate but not in chp1Δ lysate.
X-ChIP performed with ab18191 on Schizosaccharomyces pombe Cell lysate (whole cell). 5µl antibody were used per 500µl of chromatin/cell lysate according to standard S. pombe ChIP protocols. Protein-A Sepharose was used to recover the ChIPs. In the positive control the researcher specifically induced silencing of the ura4+ gene. For the negative control the researcher performed multiplex PCR with primers amplifying ura4+ and an un-silenced gene. In addition, act1+ was amplified in a separate PCR reaction. Chp1 only binds to ura4+ (and only if silencing is induced).
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Marc B? on 9 February 2006
Anti-Chp1 antibody (ab18191) at 1 µg/ml + S.pombe Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Observed band size: 115 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 75&42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab18191 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Jih G et al. Unique roles for histone H3K9me states in RNAi and heritable silencing of transcription. Nature 547:463-467 (2017). ChIP . PubMed: 28682306
- Zocco M et al. The Chp1 chromodomain binds the H3K9me tail and the nucleosome core to assemble heterochromatin. Cell Discov 2:16004 (2016). ChIP . PubMed: 27462451
- Creamer KM et al. The Mi-2 homolog Mit1 actively positions nucleosomes within heterochromatin to suppress transcription. Mol Cell Biol 34:2046-61 (2014). ChIP ; Schizosaccharomyces pombe . PubMed: 24662054
- Shim YS et al. Hrp3 controls nucleosome positioning to suppress non-coding transcription in eu- and heterochromatin. EMBO J 31:4375-87 (2012). PubMed: 22990236
- Hiriart E et al. Mmi1 RNA surveillance machinery directs RNAi complex RITS to specific meiotic genes in fission yeast. EMBO J 31:2296-308 (2012). ChIP . PubMed: 22522705