Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to CHRNB4
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CHRNB4 antibody
See all CHRNB4 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to CHRNB4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Pig, Gorilla, Opossum, Common marmoset, Elephant
- Human uterus tissue.
This product was previously labelled as Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor beta 4
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129276 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 - 3.75 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAfter binding acetylcholine, the AChR responds by an extensive change in conformation that affects all subunits and leads to opening of an ion-conducting channel across the plasma membrane.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Acetylcholine receptor (TC 1.A.9.1) subfamily. Beta-4/CHRNB4 sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- acetylcholine receptor, nicotinic, beta 4 (neuronal) antibody
- ACHB4_HUMAN antibody
- AChR antibody
ab129276 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Durham E et al. Direct Effects of Nicotine Exposure on Murine Calvaria and Calvarial Cells. Sci Rep 9:3805 (2019). PubMed: 30846819
- Seoane-Collazo P et al. Central nicotine induces browning through hypothalamic ? opioid receptor. Nat Commun 10:4037 (2019). PubMed: 31492869
- Qian J et al. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are expressed in Trpm5 positive taste receptor cells (TRCs). PLoS One 13:e0190465 (2018). PubMed: 29293602
- Qian J et al. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (CHRN) expression and function in cultured human adult fungiform (HBO) taste cells. PLoS One 13:e0194089 (2018). PubMed: 29513745
- Qian J et al. Nicotine-Induced Effects on Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors (nAChRs), Ca2+ and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) in STC-1 Cells. PLoS One 11:e0166565 (2016). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 27846263