Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameChromatin Extraction Kit
See all Chromatin Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Chromatin Extraction Kit (ab117152) is a complete set of optimized buffers and reagents for isolating chromatin or DNA-protein complex from mammalian cells or tissues in a simple and rapid format. Chromatin prepared by this kit can be used in a variety of chromatin immunoprecipitation methods. The isolated chromatin can also be used in other chromatin-related applications such as in vitro protein-DNA binding assays and nuclear enzyme assays.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 1000X Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 x 110µl 10X Lysis Buffer 1 x 11ml Chromatin Buffer 1 x 11ml Extraction Buffer 1 x 11ml
ChIP analysis of RNA polymerase II enriched in GAPDH and MLH1 promoters with chromatin extract prepared from formaldehyde fixed colon cancer cells (2x105) using ab117152.
Chromatin was extracted from 3x106 mouse neuroblastoma cells, fixed for 10min at RT in 0.1% formaldehyde. Cells were sonicated before last centrifugation, and following centrifugation, cells were treated with proteinase K & RNAse A. Chromatin yield was 4 µg chromatin/106 cells. Lane 1: 1kb DNA ladder Lane 2: 300 - 650bp DNA fragments
Image courtesy of anonymous Abreview
ab117152 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Shen JZ et al. FBXO44 promotes DNA replication-coupled repetitive element silencing in cancer cells. Cell 184:352-369.e23 (2021). PubMed: 33357448
- Wang J et al. RAD52 Adjusts Repair of Single-Strand Breaks via Reducing DNA-Damage-Promoted XRCC1/LIG3a Co-localization. Cell Rep 34:108625 (2021). PubMed: 33440161
- Su W et al. Overexpressed WDR3 induces the activation of Hippo pathway by interacting with GATA4 in pancreatic cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 40:88 (2021). PubMed: 33648545
- Guo F et al. NR5A2 transcriptional activation by BRD4 promotes pancreatic cancer progression by upregulating GDF15. Cell Death Discov 7:78 (2021). PubMed: 33850096
- Hang Q et al. Non-canonical function of DGCR8 in DNA double-strand break repair signaling and tumor radioresistance. Nat Commun 12:4033 (2021). PubMed: 34188037