Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameChromatin Extraction Kit
See all Chromatin Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Chromatin Extraction Kit (ab117152) is a complete set of optimized buffers and reagents for isolating chromatin or DNA-protein complex from mammalian cells or tissues in a simple and rapid format. Chromatin prepared by this kit can be used in a variety of chromatin immunoprecipitation methods. The isolated chromatin can also be used in other chromatin-related applications such as in vitro protein-DNA binding assays and nuclear enzyme assays.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 1000X Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 x 110µl 10X Lysis Buffer 1 x 11ml Chromatin Buffer 1 x 11ml Extraction Buffer 1 x 11ml
ChIP analysis of RNA polymerase II enriched in GAPDH and MLH1 promoters with chromatin extract prepared from formaldehyde fixed colon cancer cells (2x105) using ab117152.
Chromatin was extracted from 3x106 mouse neuroblastoma cells, fixed for 10min at RT in 0.1% formaldehyde. Cells were sonicated before last centrifugation, and following centrifugation, cells were treated with proteinase K & RNAse A. Chromatin yield was 4 µg chromatin/106 cells. Lane 1: 1kb DNA ladder Lane 2: 300 - 650bp DNA fragments
Image courtesy of anonymous Abreview
ab117152 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Yang C et al. FBP1 binds to the bromodomain of BRD4 to inhibit pancreatic cancer progression. Am J Cancer Res 10:523-535 (2020). PubMed: 32195024
- Houshdaran S et al. Steroid hormones regulate genome-wide epigenetic programming and gene transcription in human endometrial cells with marked aberrancies in endometriosis. PLoS Genet 16:e1008601 (2020). PubMed: 32555663
- Pennycook BR et al. E2F-dependent transcription determines replication capacity and S phase length. Nat Commun 11:3503 (2020). PubMed: 32665547
- Yu X et al. Ubiquitination of the DNA-damage checkpoint kinase CHK1 by TRAF4 is required for CHK1 activation. J Hematol Oncol 13:40 (2020). PubMed: 32357935
- Fan P et al. Overexpressed histone acetyltransferase 1 regulates cancer immunity by increasing programmed death-ligand 1 expression in pancreatic cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:47 (2019). PubMed: 30709380