Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin A
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin A antibody
See all Chromogranin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Monkey
Recombinant fragment within Human Chromogranin A aa 250 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10645
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionPancreastatin strongly inhibits glucose induced insulin release from the pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
modificationsSulfated on tyrosine residues and/or contains sulfated glycans.
O-glycosylated with core 1 or possibly core 8 glycans.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
FormAccording to the Swiss-Prot database, this protein has many different forms which correspond to various molecular weights; thus the possible variation from the predicted molecular weight of 51kDa.
- beta Granin antibody
- betagranin (N-terminal fragment of chromogranin A) antibody
- catestatin antibody
ab15160 has been referenced in 147 publications.
- Wong C et al. Two well-differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor mouse models. Cell Death Differ 27:269-283 (2020). PubMed: 31160716
- Wang L et al. A genetically defined disease model reveals that urothelial cells can initiate divergent bladder cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 117:563-572 (2020). PubMed: 31871155
- Maldonado M et al. Painting the Pancreas in Three Dimensions: Whole-Mount Immunofluorescence Method. Methods Mol Biol 2155:193-200 (2020). PubMed: 32474878
- Dong Y et al. Secretagogin, a marker for neuroendocrine cells, is more sensitive and specific in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma compared with the markers CD56, CgA, Syn and Napsin A. Oncol Lett 19:2223-2230 (2020). PubMed: 32194720
- Sheng W et al. Hypergastrinemia Expands Gastric ECL Cells Through CCK2R+ Progenitor Cells via ERK Activation. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:434-449.e1 (2020). PubMed: 32330731
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com