Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin A
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin A antibody
See all Chromogranin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Monkey
Recombinant fragment within Human Chromogranin A aa 250 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10645
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21383188|
FunctionPancreastatin strongly inhibits glucose induced insulin release from the pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
modificationsSulfated on tyrosine residues and/or contains sulfated glycans.
O-glycosylated with core 1 or possibly core 8 glycans.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
FormAccording to the Swiss-Prot database, this protein has many different forms which correspond to various molecular weights; thus the possible variation from the predicted molecular weight of 51kDa.
- beta Granin antibody
- betagranin (N-terminal fragment of chromogranin A) antibody
- catestatin antibody
ab15160 at 1/250 staining human pancreas tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed before incubation with the antibody for 30 minutes at 25°C. An HRP conjugated rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary.
ab15160 staining Chromogranin A in mouse gastric gland cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% Triton ×100 and blocking with 10% serum for 45min at 200C was performed. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 18 hours at 4°C. A Texas Red ®-conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used at dilution 1/200 as secondary antibody.
ab15160 (1/100) staining Chromogranin A in paraffin-embbeded mouse pancreas tissue sections. Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, heat-mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer pH 6.0 and blocking (10 minutes, 1.5% serum). An HRP-conjugated goat polyclonal was used as the secondary. For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
ab15160 staining Chromogranin A in mouse colon tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent formalin fixation before heat mediated antigen retrieval with 10mM citric acid buffer and then the sample was blocked for 45 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody (1/100) was incubated with sample in 10% serum for 18 hours at 4°C. A Biotin conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used at dilution 1/200 as secondary antibody.
Chromogranin A is easily fragmented and both bands observed in the Western Blot above are believed to correspond to Chromogranin A.
ab15160 has been referenced in 120 publications.
- Wong C et al. Two well-differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor mouse models. Cell Death Differ 27:269-283 (2020). PubMed: 31160716
- Wang L et al. A genetically defined disease model reveals that urothelial cells can initiate divergent bladder cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 117:563-572 (2020). PubMed: 31871155
- Maldonado M et al. Painting the Pancreas in Three Dimensions: Whole-Mount Immunofluorescence Method. Methods Mol Biol 2155:193-200 (2020). PubMed: 32474878
- Dong Y et al. Secretagogin, a marker for neuroendocrine cells, is more sensitive and specific in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma compared with the markers CD56, CgA, Syn and Napsin A. Oncol Lett 19:2223-2230 (2020). PubMed: 32194720
- Danilova T et al. Mesencephalic Astrocyte-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (MANF) Is Highly Expressed in Mouse Tissues With Metabolic Function. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:765 (2019). PubMed: 31781038