Product nameAnti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y]
See all Chromogranin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1030Y] to Chromogranin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Chromogranin A (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: SH-SY5Y cell lysate. WB: Human pancreas tissue.
A trial size is available to purchase for this antibody.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab199192)
- Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (HRP) (ab199194)
- Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (Phycoerythrin) (ab213341)
- Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab214399)
- Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab215276)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68271 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||1/100 - 1/250.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPancreastatin strongly inhibits glucose induced insulin release from the pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
modificationsSulfated on tyrosine residues and/or contains sulfated glycans.
O-glycosylated with core 1 or possibly core 8 glycans.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
FormAccording to the Swiss-Prot database, this protein has many different forms which correspond to various molecular weights; thus the possible variation from the predicted molecular weight of 51kDa.
- beta Granin antibody
- betagranin (N-terminal fragment of chromogranin A) antibody
- catestatin antibody
Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (ab68271) + SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line from bone marrow) cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded human pancreas tissue stained for Chromogranin A with ab68271 at a 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
This product has been referenced in:
- Nakata R et al. Contribution of neuroblastoma-derived exosomes to the production of pro-tumorigenic signals by bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells. J Extracell Vesicles 6:1332941 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28717423) »
- Yamamoto Y et al. Strong antitumor efficacy of a pancreatic tumor-targeting oncolytic adenovirus for neuroendocrine tumors. Cancer Med 6:2385-2397 (2017). Flow Cyt . Read more (PubMed: 28941156) »