Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1030Y] to Chromogranin A
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y]
See all Chromogranin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1030Y] to Chromogranin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Chromogranin A (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: SH-SY5Y cell lysate. IHC-P: Human pancreas tissue. ICC: SH-SY5Y
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68271 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||1/100 - 1/250.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPancreastatin strongly inhibits glucose induced insulin release from the pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
modificationsSulfated on tyrosine residues and/or contains sulfated glycans.
O-glycosylated with core 1 or possibly core 8 glycans.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
FormAccording to the Swiss-Prot database, this protein has many different forms which correspond to various molecular weights; thus the possible variation from the predicted molecular weight of 51kDa.
- beta Granin antibody
- betagranin (N-terminal fragment of chromogranin A) antibody
- catestatin antibody
Anti-Chromogranin A antibody [EP1030Y] (ab68271) + SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line from bone marrow) cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry analysis of SH-SY5Y (human neuroblastoma epithelial cell) labeling Chromogranin A with purified ab68271 at 1/50 dilution (3 µg/ml). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 0.1% tritonX-100. Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) at 1/1000 (2 µg/ml) was used as the secondary antibody. ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.17 µg/ml) was used as counterstain. Nuclei were stained blue with DAPI.
Negative control: PBS instead of the primary antibody.
Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded human pancreas tissue stained for Chromogranin A with ab68271 at a 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68271 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sandblom V et al. Increased therapeutic effect on medullary thyroid cancer using a combination of radiation and tyrosine kinase inhibitors. PLoS One 15:e0233720 (2020). PubMed: 32459817
- Sandblom V et al. Gemcitabine potentiates the anti-tumour effect of radiation on medullary thyroid cancer. PLoS One 14:e0225260 (2019). PubMed: 31725814
- Wang C et al. Blocking the Feedback Loop between Neuroendocrine Differentiation and Macrophages Improves the Therapeutic Effects of Enzalutamide (MDV3100) on Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:708-723 (2018). PubMed: 29191973
- Nakata R et al. Contribution of neuroblastoma-derived exosomes to the production of pro-tumorigenic signals by bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells. J Extracell Vesicles 6:1332941 (2017). PubMed: 28717423
- Yamamoto Y et al. Strong antitumor efficacy of a pancreatic tumor-targeting oncolytic adenovirus for neuroendocrine tumors. Cancer Med 6:2385-2397 (2017). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 28941156