Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin B
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin B antibody
See all Chromogranin B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin B
SpecificityAb12242 recognises chromogranin B.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
C-terminal 15 amino acids of chromogranin B conjugated to ovalbumin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12242 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSecretogranin-1 is a neuroendocrine secretory granule protein, which may be the precursor for other biologically active peptides.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the adrenal medulla, and in pheochromocytoma. Not expressed in liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
modificationsExtensively processed by limited proteolysis at conserved basic residues. Alternative processing are seen in different tissues.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
- CCB peptide antibody
- Cg B antibody
- CgB antibody
ab12242(1:1000) staining Chromogranin B in human pancreas (IgG inset) using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of Chromogranin B in secretory compartments of the pancreas.
Insert panel depicts negative control (no primary antibody).
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX.
Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab12242 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sifuentes-Dominguez LF et al. SCGN deficiency results in colitis susceptibility. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31663849
- Stephens SB et al. The Prohormone VGF Regulates ß Cell Function via Insulin Secretory Granule Biogenesis. Cell Rep 20:2480-2489 (2017). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 28877479
- Zhu W et al. Small GTPase ARF6 controls VEGFR2 trafficking and signaling in diabetic retinopathy. J Clin Invest 127:4569-4582 (2017). PubMed: 29058688
- Wang H et al. RanBP9 overexpression accelerates loss of pre and postsynaptic proteins in the AP?E9 transgenic mouse brain. PLoS One 9:e85484 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24454876
- Weisbrod AB et al. Altered PTEN, ATRX, CHGA, CHGB, and TP53 expression are associated with aggressive VHL-associated pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Horm Cancer 4:165-75 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23361940
- Fanara P et al. Cerebrospinal fluid-based kinetic biomarkers of axonal transport in monitoring neurodegeneration. J Clin Invest 122:3159-69 (2012). PubMed: 22922254
- Kokrashvili Z et al. Release of endogenous opioids from duodenal enteroendocrine cells requires Trpm5. Gastroenterology 137:598-606, 606.e1-2 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19272386
- Prasad P et al. Secretogranin III directs secretory vesicle biogenesis in mast cells in a manner dependent upon interaction with chromogranin A. J Immunol 181:5024-34 (2008). PubMed: 18802106