Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin C/SGII
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, ICC
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin C/SGII antibody
See all Chromogranin C/SGII primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chromogranin C/SGII
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Chromogranin C/SGII aa 1-19 (N terminal) conjugated to ovalbumin.
General notesDilute in PBS or medium which is identical to that used in the assay system.
Previously labelled as Chromogranin C
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12241 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17933551|
|WB||1/250 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa.|
|IP||1/25 - 1/100.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSecretogranin-2 is a neuroendocrine secretory granule protein, which is the precursor for biologically active peptides.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
- CHGC antibody
- Chromogranin C antibody
- Chromogranin-C antibody
ab12241 staining Chromogranin C / SGII in Mouse primary cortical neuronal cells treated with IL-1β by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100 for 15 minutes and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hours at room temperature°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in 0.3% BSA) for 1 hour at room temperature. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/2000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab12241 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Larraufie P et al. Important Role of the GLP-1 Axis for Glucose Homeostasis after Bariatric Surgery. Cell Rep 26:1399-1408.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30726726
- Roberts GP et al. Comparison of Human and Murine Enteroendocrine Cells by Transcriptomic and Peptidomic Profiling. Diabetes 68:1062-1072 (2019). PubMed: 30733330
- Nahorski MS et al. Clathrin heavy chain 22 contributes to the control of neuropeptide degradation and secretion during neuronal development. Sci Rep 8:2340 (2018). PubMed: 29402896
- Wang Y et al. Ligand- and voltage-gated Ca2+ channels differentially regulate the mode of vesicular neuropeptide release in mammalian sensory neurons. Sci Signal 10:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28634208
- Blanco EH et al. An amphipathic alpha-helix in the prodomain of cocaine and amphetamine regulated transcript peptide precursor serves as its sorting signal to the regulated secretory pathway. PLoS One 8:e59695 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 23527253
- Kuczewski N et al. Backpropagating action potentials trigger dendritic release of BDNF during spontaneous network activity. J Neurosci 28:7013-23 (2008). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 18596175
- Hofsli E et al. Identification of novel neuroendocrine-specific tumour genes. Br J Cancer 99:1330-9 (2008). WB . PubMed: 18827820
- Tsakiri N et al. Mechanisms of interleukin-6 synthesis and release induced by interleukin-1 and cell depolarisation in neurones. Mol Cell Neurosci 37:110-8 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 17933551