Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [SGII 9G3/3] to Chromogranin C/SGII
- Suitable for: IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Chromogranin C/SGII antibody [SGII 9G3/3]
See all Chromogranin C/SGII primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SGII 9G3/3] to Chromogranin C/SGII
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Previously labelled as Chromogranin C
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Clone numberSGII 9G3/3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20246 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa.|
FunctionSecretogranin-2 is a neuroendocrine secretory granule protein, which is the precursor for biologically active peptides.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chromogranin/secretogranin protein family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Neuroendocrine and endocrine secretory granules.
- Information by UniProt
- CHGC antibody
- Chromogranin C antibody
- Chromogranin-C antibody
ab20246 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Penttinen AM et al. Pre-a-pro-GDNF and Pre-ß-pro-GDNF Isoforms Are Neuroprotective in the 6-hydroxydopamine Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease. Front Neurol 9:457 (2018). PubMed: 29973907
- Røsjø H et al. Secretogranin II; a protein increased in the myocardium and circulation in heart failure with cardioprotective properties. PLoS One 7:e37401 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22655045
- Uys JD et al. Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tissue profiling of secretoneurin in the nucleus accumbens shell from cocaine-sensitized rats. J Mass Spectrom 45:97-103 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19918966
- Urbé S et al. Homotypic fusion of immature secretory granules during maturation in a cell-free assay. J Cell Biol 143:1831-44 (1998). PubMed: 9864358
- Dittié AS & Tooze SA Characterization of the endopeptidase PC2 activity towards secretogranin II in stably transfected PC12 cells. Biochem J 310 ( Pt 3):777-87 (1995). PubMed: 7575410