Product nameCibacron Blue 3G-A, Anthraquinone derivative dye
DescriptionAnthraquinone derivative dye. Potent nucleotide-mimetic ligand
Anthraquinone derivative dye. Potent nucleotide-mimetic ligand. Ortho-isomer of Reactive Blue 2. Inhibits Na+/K+-ATPase. Antagonizes P2 receptors (IC50 values are 17.4 and 9.1 μM for P2Y and P2X, respectively).
Chemical name1-Amino-4-[[4-[[4-chloro-6-[(2-sulfophenyl)amino]-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl]amino]-3-sulfophenyl]amino]-9,10-dihydro-9,10-dioxoanthracene-2-sulfonic acid trisodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in Water to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Anikina TA et al. Involvement of P2Y receptors in myocardial contractile activity of rats during postnatal ontogeny. Bull Exp Biol Med 152:672-4 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22803161) »
- Di Girolamo F & Righetti PG Plasma proteomics for biomarker discovery: a study in blue. Electrophoresis 32:3638-44 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 22180212) »
- Breier A et al. Inhibition of (Na(+)/K(+))-ATPase by Cibacron Blue 3G-A and its analogues. Gen Physiol Biophys 25:439-53 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17356235) »
- Glänzel M et al. Constitutional isomers of Reactive Blue 2 - selective P2Y-receptor antagonists? Eur J Med Chem 38:303-12 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12667697) »
- Lascu I et al. Ion-exchange properties of Cibacron Blue 3G-A Sepharose (Blue Sepharose) and the interaction of proteins with Cibacron Blue 3G-A. J Chromatogr 283:199-210 (1984). Read more (PubMed: 6707117) »