Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CID
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CID antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CID
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Drosophila melanogaster CID aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Drosophila Embryo Lysate;
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10887 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
FunctionHistone H3-like variant which exclusively replaces conventional H3 in the nucleosome core of centromeric chromatin at the inner plate of the kinetochore. Required for recruitment and assembly of kinetochore proteins, mitotic progression and chromosome segregation. May serve as an epigenetic mark that propagates centromere identity through replication and cell division.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome, centromere, kinetochore. Localizes exclusively in the kinetochore domain of centromeres. Co-expressed with yemalpha.
- Information by UniProt
- CENP A antibody
- CENP-A homolog antibody
- CENPA / CID antibody
Drosophila S2 cells treated with ab10887 at 1:100 dilution and fixed with 3% PFA for 3 mins. Red = DAPI Green = ab10887
Anti-CID antibody (ab10887) at 1 µg/ml + Drosophila embryo nuclear extract (from melanogaster embryos 0-12Hr) (ab27258) at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) Pre-Adsorbed at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa
Additional bands at: 12 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 42 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
ab10887 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Huang A et al. Phosphorylation of Drosophila CENP-A on serine 20 regulates protein turn-over and centromere-specific loading. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10754-10770 (2019). PubMed: 31535131
- Pavlova GA et al. RNAi-mediated depletion of the NSL complex subunits leads to abnormal chromosome segregation and defective centrosome duplication in Drosophila mitosis. PLoS Genet 15:e1008371 (2019). PubMed: 31527906
- Strunov A et al. Ultrastructural analysis of mitotic Drosophila S2 cells identifies distinctive microtubule and intracellular membrane behaviors. BMC Biol 16:68 (2018). PubMed: 29907103
- Moshkin YM et al. Histone Chaperone NAP1 Mediates Sister Chromatid Resolution by Counteracting Protein Phosphatase 2A. PLoS Genet 9:e1003719 (2013). PubMed: 24086141
- Yan R et al. SOLO: a meiotic protein required for centromere cohesion, coorientation, and SMC1 localization in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol 188:335-49 (2010). ICC/IF ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 20142422