Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CIP2A
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CIP2A antibody
See all CIP2A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CIP2A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan, Bat, Elephant
Synthetic peptide within Human CIP2A aa 853-903. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Protein previously labeled as p90 Autoantigen.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99518 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionOncoprotein that inhibits PP2A and stabilizes MYC in human malignancies. Promotes anchorage-independent cell growth and tumor formation.
Tissue specificityExpressed at low levels in most of the tissues. Overexpressed in head-and-neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC). Present in liver cancer cells (at protein level).
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cytoplasm. Slightly concentrates in the perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cancerous inhibitor of PP2A antibody
- Cancerous Inhibitor of Protein Phosphatase 2A antibody
- CIP2A antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human colon carcinoma tissue labelling CIP2A with ab99518 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-CIP2A antibody (ab99518) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Exposure time: 3 seconds
Immunoprecipitation : 1 mg of HeLa cell lysate immunoprecipitated with ab99518 at 3 µg/mg lysate; 20% of immunoprecipitate loaded
Western Blot: CIP2A (ab99518) at 0.1 µg/ml
developed using the ECL technique
Exposure time : 3 seconds
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
ab99518 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Williams AP et al. Investigation of PP2A and Its Endogenous Inhibitors in Neuroblastoma Cell Survival and Tumor Growth. Transl Oncol 12:84-95 (2019). PubMed: 30286326
- Stafman LL et al. PP2A activation alone and in combination with cisplatin decreases cell growth and tumor formation in human HuH6 hepatoblastoma cells. PLoS One 14:e0214469 (2019). PubMed: 30969990
- Chiarini A et al. Over Expressed TKTL1, CIP-2A, and B-MYB Proteins in Uterine Cervix Epithelium Scrapings as Potential Risk Predictive Biomarkers in HR-HPV-Infected LSIL/ASCUS Patients. Front Oncol 9:213 (2019). PubMed: 31001477
- Yin J et al. Cip2a/miR-301a feedback loop promotes cell proliferation and invasion of triple-negative breast cancer. J Cancer 10:5964-5974 (2019). PubMed: 31762806
- Garner EF et al. FTY720 Decreases Tumorigenesis in Group 3 Medulloblastoma Patient-Derived Xenografts. Sci Rep 8:6913 (2018). PubMed: 29720672