Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Citrulline
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Citrulline antibody
See all Citrulline primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Citrulline
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule by a Glutaraldehyde linker.
General notesThis polyclonal antibody recognizes only citrulline residues on proteins not free citrulline.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/10000.|
|IHC-Fr||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
RelevanceThe amino acid Citrulline is required to detoxify the liver from ammonia, which is a waste product of the body from oxidation. Citrulline promotes energy and assists with the immune system. This unusual amino acid is formed in the urea cycle by the addition of carbon dioxide and ammonia to ornithine. It is then combined with aspartic acid to form arginosuccinic acid, which later is metabolized into the amino acid arginine.
Immunofluorescence analysis of THP-1 cells, staining Citrulline with ab6464.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 0.05% BSA for 1 hour at 37°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in diluent) for 2 hours at 37°C. ab6717 Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (FITC) was used to detect staining.
ab6464 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Mohamed BM et al. Induction of protein citrullination and auto-antibodies production in murine exposed to nickel nanomaterials. Sci Rep 8:679 (2018). PubMed: 29330439
- Verheul MK et al. Pitfalls in the detection of citrullination and carbamylation. Autoimmun Rev 17:136-141 (2018). PubMed: 29203292
- Walker JL et al. In wound repair vimentin mediates the transition of mesenchymal leader cells to a myofibroblast phenotype. Mol Biol Cell 29:1555-1570 (2018). PubMed: 29718762
- Feigenson M et al. Histone Deacetylase 3 Deletion in Mesenchymal Progenitor Cells Hinders Long Bone Development. J Bone Miner Res 32:2453-2465 (2017). PubMed: 28782836
- Horibata S et al. Role of peptidylarginine deiminase 2 (PAD2) in mammary carcinoma cell migration. BMC Cancer 17:378 (2017). PubMed: 28549415