Key features and details
- Potent inhibitor of actin polymerization
- CAS Number: 442633-00-3
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCK 666, Actin polymerization inhibitor
DescriptionPotent inhibitor of actin polymerization
Potent inhibitor of actin polymerization. Inhibits the Arp2/3 (IC50 = 17 μM), SpArp2/3 (IC50 = 5 μM) and HsArp2/3 complexes (IC50= 4 μM) by preventing a shift into an active conformation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141231 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Randzavola LO et al. Loss of ARPC1B impairs cytotoxic T lymphocyte maintenance and cytolytic activity. J Clin Invest 129:5600-5614 (2019). PubMed: 31710310
- Dhanda AS et al. Palladin Compensates for the Arp2/3 Complex and Supports Actin Structures during Listeria Infections. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29636431
- Kruppa AJ et al. Myosin VI-Dependent Actin Cages Encapsulate Parkin-Positive Damaged Mitochondria. Dev Cell 44:484-499.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29398621
- Hanna SJ et al. The Role of Rho-GTPases and actin polymerization during Macrophage Tunneling Nanotube Biogenesis. Sci Rep 7:8547 (2017). PubMed: 28819224