Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CKMT2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CKMT2 antibody
See all CKMT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CKMT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55963 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionReversibly catalyzes the transfer of phosphate between ATP and various phosphogens (e.g. creatine phosphate). Creatine kinase isoenzymes play a central role in energy transduction in tissues with large, fluctuating energy demands, such as skeletal muscle, heart, brain and spermatozoa.
Tissue specificitySarcomere-specific. Found only in heart and skeletal muscles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATP:guanido phosphotransferase family.
Contains 1 phosphagen kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 phosphagen kinase N-terminal domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CKMT 2 antibody
- Basic-type mitochondrial creatine kinase antibody
- CKMT2 antibody
Anti-CKMT2 antibody (ab55963) at 1.25 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 46 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffine-embedded sections) analysis of human muscle tissue labelling CKMT2 with ab55963 at 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled skeletal muscle cells. Magnification: 400X.
ab55963 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Martin SA et al. Parallel high-throughput RNA interference screens identify PINK1 as a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of DNA mismatch repair-deficient cancers. Cancer Res 71:1836-48 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21242281
- Bansal A et al. Proteomic analysis reveals late exercise effects on cardiac remodeling following myocardial infarction. J Proteomics 73:2041-9 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20601275
- Hurd TR et al. Complex I within oxidatively stressed bovine heart mitochondria is glutathionylated on Cys-531 and Cys-704 of the 75-kDa subunit: potential role of CYS residues in decreasing oxidative damage. J Biol Chem 283:24801-15 (2008). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 18611857