Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Clathrin heavy chain
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Clathrin heavy chain antibody
See all Clathrin heavy chain primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Clathrin heavy chain
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa, Jurkat, A431 & NIH3T3 cells, as well as human kidney tissues sections. ICC/IF: HeLa cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21679 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 180 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionClathrin is the major protein of the polyhedral coat of coated pits and vesicles. Two different adapter protein complexes link the clathrin lattice either to the plasma membrane or to the trans-Golgi network.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the clathrin heavy chain family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Membrane > coated pit. Melanosome. Cytoplasmic face of coated pits and vesicles. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- CHC17 antibody
- Clathrin heavy chain antibody
- Clathrin heavy chain 1 antibody
ab21679 staining Clathrin in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 10% formaldehyde (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab21679 at 1µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
Anti-Clathrin heavy chain antibody (ab21679) at 1/1000 dilution + HUVEC cell lysate at 20 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 180 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
Immunocytochemical analysis of mouse bEnd.3 labeling Clathrin heavy chain with ab21679 at 1/300 dilution using secondary anti-rabbit-alexa fluor 488 at 1/500 dilution.
ab21679 staining Clathrin heavy chain in mouse embryonic fibroblasts by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with -20°C ethanol. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1/500 dilution (in 0.1% Saponin/1% BSA/PBS) for 1 hour. An Alexa Fluor® 546-conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (H+L) was used as secondary antibody at 1/500 dilution. Green color in image show positive staining with Alexa Fluor® 546 conjugated secondary.
All lanes : Anti-Clathrin heavy chain antibody (ab21679) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27252)
Lane 2 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lane 4 :
NIH 3T3 cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14873)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680 at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size: 180 kDa
Observed band size: 180 kDa
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab21679 staining Clathrin heavy chain in human kidney. Paraffin embedded human (male) kidney tissue was incubated with ab21679 (1/7000 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6. ab21679 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines.
Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
ab21679 has been referenced in 85 publications.
- Islam S et al. Class II phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase a and ß isoforms are required for vascular smooth muscle Rho activation, contraction and blood pressure regulation in mice. J Physiol Sci 70:18 (2020). PubMed: 32192434
- Li M et al. Characterization of Zika Virus Endocytic Pathways in Human Glioblastoma Cells. Front Microbiol 11:242 (2020). PubMed: 32210929
- Chen SL et al. Endophilin-A2-mediated endocytic pathway is critical for enterovirus 71 entry into caco-2 cells. Emerg Microbes Infect 8:773-786 (2019). PubMed: 31132962
- Huang Y et al. Visualization of Protein Sorting at the Trans-Golgi Network and Endosomes Through Super-Resolution Imaging. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:181 (2019). PubMed: 31552246
- Ono S et al. Abl family tyrosine kinases govern IgG extravasation in the skin in a murine pemphigus model. Nat Commun 10:4432 (2019). PubMed: 31570755