Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TD.1] to Clathrin heavy chain
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Clathrin heavy chain antibody [TD.1]
See all Clathrin heavy chain primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TD.1] to Clathrin heavy chain
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with clathrin heavy chains (CHC).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
This antibody was raised using the globular N terminal domain of clathrin heavy chain.
- Methanol fixed HeLa cells for IF.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24578 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionClathrin is the major protein of the polyhedral coat of coated pits and vesicles. Two different adapter protein complexes link the clathrin lattice either to the plasma membrane or to the trans-Golgi network.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the clathrin heavy chain family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Membrane > coated pit. Melanosome. Cytoplasmic face of coated pits and vesicles. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- CHC17 antibody
- Clathrin heavy chain antibody
- Clathrin heavy chain 1 antibody
ab24578 at a 1/200 dilution staining clathrin triskelion (blue) throughout the methanol fixed HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence. The Golgi is brilliantly stained by Giantin (yellow). Secondary antibodies used were a goat anti-mouse alexafluor AF546 and a goat anti-rabbit alexafluor AF488 applied at 1 ug/mL. The DNA was visualized with DAPI at 1 ug/mL. The colors of this image were altered.
ab24578 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Mukenhirn M et al. Role of Clathrin Light Chains in Regulating Invadopodia Formation. Cells 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33672612
- Pechstein A et al. Vesicle Clustering in a Living Synapse Depends on a Synapsin Region that Mediates Phase Separation. Cell Rep 30:2594-2602.e3 (2020). PubMed: 32101738
- Vassilopoulos S et al. Actin scaffolding by clathrin heavy chain is required for skeletal muscle sarcomere organization. J Cell Biol 205:377-93 (2014). PubMed: 24798732
- Chowdhury D et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation regulates the endocytosis and surface expression of GluN3A-containing NMDA receptors. J Neurosci 33:4151-64 (2013). PubMed: 23447623
- Kitahara H et al. COP35, a cholangiocarcinoma-binding oligopeptide, interacts with the clathrin heavy chain accompanied by GRP78. Mol Cancer Res 9:688-701 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21571834
- Harel A et al. Evidence for CALM in directing VAMP2 trafficking. Traffic 9:417-29 (2008). PubMed: 18182011
- Praznikar ZJ et al. A presynaptically toxic secreted phospholipase A2 is internalized into motoneuron-like cells where it is rapidly translocated into the cytosol. Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1129-39 (2008). PubMed: 18261469
- Bushlin I et al. Clathrin assembly protein AP180 and CALM differentially control axogenesis and dendrite outgrowth in embryonic hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci 28:10257-71 (2008). PubMed: 18842885
- Borlido J et al. Clathrin is spindle-associated but not essential for mitosis. PLoS ONE 3:e3115 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18769625