Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 1 antibody
See all Claudin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Monkey
Synthetic peptide within Human Claudin 1 aa 150 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O95832
- Tested with skin and breast carcinoma.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15098 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa.|
FunctionClaudins function as major constituents of the tight junction complexes that regulate the permeability of epithelia. While some claudin family members play essential roles in the formation of impermeable barriers, others mediate the permeability to ions and small molecules. Often, several claudin family members are coexpressed and interact with each other, and this determines the overall permeability. CLDN1 is required to prevent the paracellular diffusion of small molecules through tight junctions in the epidermis and is required for the normal barrier function of the skin. Required for normal water homeostasis and to prevent excessive water loss through the skin, probably via an indirect effect on the expression levels of other proteins, since CLDN1 itself seems to be dispensable for water barrier formation in keratinocyte tight junctions (PubMed:23407391).
(Microbial infection) Acts as a receptor for hepatitis C virus in hepatocytes (PubMed:17325668). Acts as a receptor for dengue virus (PubMed:24074594).
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in liver and kidney. Expressed in heart, brain, spleen, lung and testis.
Involvement in diseaseIchthyosis-sclerosing cholangitis neonatal syndrome
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction, tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Claudin-1 antibody
- Claudin1 antibody
- CLD 1 antibody
Anti-Claudin 1 antibody (ab15098) at 1/25 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab15098 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15098, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab15098 has been referenced in 101 publications.
- Hieda DS et al. Air Particulate Matter Induces Skin Barrier Dysfunction and Water Transport Alteration on a Reconstructed Human Epidermis Model. J Invest Dermatol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32339540
- Wang MX et al. Evodiamine has therapeutic efficacy in ulcerative colitis by increasing Lactobacillus acidophilus levels and acetate production. Pharmacol Res 159:104978 (2020). PubMed: 32485282
- Huang CW et al. Multipotent vascular stem cells contribute to neurovascular regeneration of peripheral nerve. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:234 (2019). PubMed: 31376835
- Zuo L et al. Bryostatin-1 ameliorated experimental colitis in Il-10-/- Mice by protecting the intestinal barrier and limiting immune dysfunction. J Cell Mol Med 23:5588-5599 (2019). PubMed: 31251471
- Lee JS et al. Claudin-1 expression decreases with increasing pathological grade in actinic keratosis and may be a marker of high-risk actinic keratosis. Clin Exp Dermatol 44:483-490 (2019). PubMed: 30315595