Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 17
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 17 antibody
See all Claudin 17 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 17
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Pig
- Jurkat cell lysate for western blot and human lung and spleen for immunohistochemistry.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThis antibody was purified by chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23333 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceClaudin proteins are a family of transmembrane proteins associated with tight junctions, and different tissues exhibit different Claudin composition. There are 18 homolgs present in humans, and mutations in any of these proteins cause a variety of human disease, this indicates their physiological importance. CLDN17, clustered with CLDN8 at human chromosome 21q22.11, is a four transmembrane protein with WWCC motif, defined by W-X(17-22)-W-X(2)-C-X(8-10)-C.
Cellular localizationIntegral membrane protein. Tight junctions.
- CLDN17 antibody
- Human CLDN17 gene for claudin 17 antibody
Anti-Claudin 17 antibody (ab23333) at 2 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate (10ug)
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50,000 - 1/100,000 dilution.
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Paraffin-embedded sections of Human spleen cells incubated with ab23333. The antibody was used at a range of 4.0-8.0µg/ml. Cells stained positive for Cluadin 17 are indicated by arrows. 400x magnification.
Paraffin-embedded sections of Human alveolar cells incubated with ab23333. The antibody was used at a range of 4.0-8.0µg/ml. Cells stained positive for Claudin 17 are indicated by arrows. 400x magnification.
ab23333 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Gao M et al. The distinct expression patterns of claudin-10, -14, -17 and E-cadherin between adjacent non-neoplastic tissues and gastric cancer tissues. Diagn Pathol 8:205 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24325792
- Farwick M et al. Fifty-kDa hyaluronic acid upregulates some epidermal genes without changing TNF-a expression in reconstituted epidermis. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 24:210-7 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21412035
- Katoh M & Katoh M Identification and characterization of human PPFIA4 gene in silico. Int J Mol Med 12:1009-14 (2003). PubMed: 14612982