Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 4 antibody
See all Claudin 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human Claudin 4 aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O14493
- Tested with tonsil and ovarian carcinoma cells.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15104 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space.
Involvement in diseaseNote=CLDN4 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Claudin-4 antibody
- Claudin4 antibody
- CLD4_HUMAN antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of healthy and colitis mouse colon sections (untreated and treated with enoxaparin) labeling claudin-4 with ab15104 at 1/200. ab7090, anti-rabbit immunoglobulin G conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP) at 1/300 was used as the secondary antibody. ab64238 at 1/50 was used to develop the histological signal.
Antigen retrieval was performed by incubating the sections for 10 minutes at 97°C in 1 mM EDTA buffer, pH 8.0 or 10 mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0.
Control, C; untreated colitis, DSS; oral enoxaparin, OE; intraperitoneal injection of enoxaparin, IPE.
Anti-Claudin 4 antibody (ab15104) at 1 µg/ml + SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 20 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 125 kDa, 34 kDa, 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human tonsil stained with ab15104 (1/200, 10 min at room temperature).
ab15104 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Feng G et al. Protective effect of biogenic polyphosphate nanoparticles from Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 on dextran sodium sulphate-induced colitis in mice. Food Funct 10:1007-1016 (2019). PubMed: 30706920
- Shimojo Y et al. Probiotic Lactobacillus paracasei A221 improves the functionality and bioavailability of kaempferol-glucoside in kale by its glucosidase activity. Sci Rep 8:9239 (2018). PubMed: 29915223
- Süren D et al. Expression of claudin 1, 4 and 7 in thyroid neoplasms. Oncol Lett 13:3722-3726 (2017). PubMed: 28529587
- Liu YX et al. Attempt towards a novel classification of triple-negative breast cancer using immunohistochemical markers. Oncol Lett 12:1240-1256 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27446423
- Tokuhara Y et al. Claudin-1, but not claudin-4, exhibits differential expression patterns between well- to moderately-differentiated and poorly-differentiated gastric adenocarcinoma. Oncol Lett 10:93-98 (2015). PubMed: 26170982