Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 4 antibody
See all Claudin 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human Claudin 4 aa 160-209. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O14493
- WB: HeLa cell extracts. IHC-P: Human colon tissue. ICC/IF: MCF7 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space.
Involvement in diseaseNote=CLDN4 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Claudin-4 antibody
- Claudin4 antibody
- CLD4_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-Claudin 4 antibody (ab53156) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell extracts
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell extracts with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
ab53156 staining Claudin 4 in human colon tissue. Staining is localized to the cell membrane.
Left panel: ab53156 at 4 µg/ml.
Right panel: Isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with EDTA pH 9.0. Slides were blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked again for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with hematoxylin and coverslipped. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab53156 staining Claudin 4 (green) in MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells. The cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde (10 minutes) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1 hour to permeabilize the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53156, 5 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody was an Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour. An Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM.
ab53156 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Fang H et al. EGFR inhibitor gefitinib regulates barrier function in human epidermal keratinocytes via the modulation of the expression of claudins. Int J Mol Med 43:1522-1530 (2019). PubMed: 30628660
- Ozaki A et al. Serum affects keratinization and tight junctions in three-dimensional cultures of the mouse keratinocyte cell line COCA through retinoic acid receptor-mediated signaling. Histochem Cell Biol 151:315-326 (2019). PubMed: 30327880
- Leguina-Ruzzi A et al. The 12-HHT/BLT2/NO Axis Is Associated to the Wound Healing and Skin Condition in Different Glycaemic States. Med Sci (Basel) 7:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31022982
- Schmidt H et al. IL-13 Impairs Tight Junctions in Airway Epithelia. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31262043
- Brewer MG et al. Antagonistic Effects of IL-4 on IL-17A-Mediated Enhancement of Epidermal Tight Junction Function. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31438472