Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 5
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 5 antibody
See all Claudin 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Mouse Claudin 5 aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O00501
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15106 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Androgen withdrawal and apoptosis induced protein RVP1 like antibody
- AWAL antibody
- BEC 1 antibody
ab15106 staining Claudin 5 in Mouse lung tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 1.5% serum for 1 hour at 37°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a acetic acid. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in blocking buffer) for 18 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab15106 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15106, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab15106 staining Claudin 5 in human lung by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
ab15106 staining Claudin 5 in the Human HBMEC cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 1% Triton in PBS and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab15106 has been referenced in 60 publications.
- Wang W et al. Enterovirus A71 capsid protein VP1 increases blood-brain barrier permeability and virus receptor vimentin on the brain endothelial cells. J Neurovirol 26:84-94 (2020). PubMed: 31512144
- Rafikova O et al. Early progression of pulmonary hypertension in the monocrotaline model in males is associated with increased lung permeability. Biol Sex Differ 11:11 (2020). PubMed: 32188512
- Leda AR et al. Selective Disruption of the Blood-Brain Barrier by Zika Virus. Front Microbiol 10:2158 (2019). PubMed: 31620112
- Miranda J et al. Syncytiotrophoblast of Placentae from Women with Zika Virus Infection Has Altered Tight Junction Protein Expression and Increased Paracellular Permeability. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31569528
- Jia Y et al. Effect of bevacizumab on the tight junction proteins of vascular endothelial cells. Am J Transl Res 11:5546-5559 (2019). PubMed: 31632528