Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Claudin 7/CLDN-7
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Claudin 7/CLDN-7 antibody
See all Claudin 7/CLDN-7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claudin 7/CLDN-7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Claudin 7/CLDN-7 aa 150 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O95471
- Human colon carcinoma.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previously labelled as Claudin 7.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAb27487 is affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27487 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. In particular, boil tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 for 10 min then cool at room temperature for 20 min.|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space.
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, lung and prostate. Isoform 1 seems to be predominant, except in some normal prostate samples, where isoform 2 is the major form. Down-regulated in breast cancers, including ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) and invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) (at protein level), as well as in several cancer cell lines. Loss of expression correlates with histological grade, occurring predominantly in high-grade lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Lateral cell membrane. Cell junction > tight junction. Co-localizes with EPCAM at the lateral cell membrane and tight junction.
- Information by UniProt
- CEPTR L2 antibody
- CEPTRL 2 antibody
- CEPTRL2 antibody
ab27487 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Wang K et al. Claudin-7 downregulation induces metastasis and invasion in colorectal cancer via the promotion of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 508:797-804 (2019). PubMed: 30528239
- Handa T et al. Carboxypeptidase A4 accumulation is associated with an aggressive phenotype and poor prognosis in triple-negative breast cancer. Int J Oncol 54:833-844 (2019). PubMed: 30628666
- Xu C et al. Claudin-7 gene knockout causes destruction of intestinal structure and animal death in mice. World J Gastroenterol 25:584-599 (2019). PubMed: 30774273
- Yang Y et al. The chromatin remodeling protein BRM regulates the transcription of tight junction proteins: Implication in breast cancer metastasis. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech 1862:547-556 (2019). PubMed: 30946989
- Kim E et al. Promotion of growth factor signaling as a critical function of ß-catenin during HCC progression. Nat Commun 10:1909 (2019). PubMed: 31015417