Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: 10% Glycerol
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46512 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/8000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa.|
|IP||1/100 - 1/500.|
RelevancemCLCA3 (alias gob-5) is the third murine member of the family of calcium-activated chloride channels (CLCA-family). mCLCA3 plays a role in diseases with secretory dysfunctions, including asthma and cystic fibrosis. The mCLCA3 protein is located in mucin granule membranes of goblet cells of the intestinal, respiratory and reproductive tracts. It is also secreted into the mucin layer on mucosal membranes. The protein appears to be involved in the synthesis, condensation or secretion of mucins.
- Calcium-activated chloride channel regulator family member 3 antibody
- Chloride channel accessory 3 pseudogene antibody
- chloride channel calcium activated 3 antibody
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse colon tissue sections stained with anti-CLCA3 ab46512 used at 1/8000 dilution.
Anti-CLCA3 antibody (ab46512) at 1/500 dilution + MEF1 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 100 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 16 kDa, 95 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
CLCA3 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ICC/IF image of ab46512 stained MEF1 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10mins) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab46512, 1/200 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
This product has been referenced in:
- Acciani TH et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor signalling regulates granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor production by airway epithelial cells and established allergic airway disease. Clin Exp Allergy 46:317-28 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26263242) »
- Erickson NA et al. The Goblet Cell Protein Clca1 (Alias mClca3 or Gob-5) Is Not Required for Intestinal Mucus Synthesis, Structure and Barrier Function in Naive or DSS-Challenged Mice. PLoS One 10:e0131991 (2015). IF . Read more (PubMed: 26162072) »