Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cleaved Caspase-3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human, Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody
See all Cleaved Caspase-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cleaved Caspase-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Recombinant fragment
- WB: HeLa (treated with staurosporine) whole cell lysate. Camptothecin treated Jurkat whole cell lysate. Cleaved Caspase 3 recombinant protein.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 3015 Anti-Caspase-3 (Active) Polyclonal Antibody.
Caspases are synthesized as inactive pro-enzymes that are processed to active form in cells undergoing apoptosis. Caspase 3 has been extensively studied and implicated to play an important role in apoptosis. Active caspase 3 proteolytically cleaves and activates other caspases, as well as relevant targets in the cells (e.g., PARP). This affinity purified antibody recognizing the active forms of caspase-3 provides a new tool for identifying apoptotic cell populations in both tissue sections and cultured cells.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Proclin 300
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA, 0.146% EDTA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesCaspases are synthesized as inactive pro-enzymes that are processed to active form in cells undergoing apoptosis. Caspase 3 has been extensively studied and implicated to play an important role in apoptosis. Active caspase 3 proteolytically cleaves and activates other caspases, as well as relevant targets in the cells (e.g., PARP). This affinity purified antibody recognizing the active forms of caspase-3 provides a new tool for identifying apoptotic cell populations in both tissue sections and cultured cells.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2302 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/50 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa.
1/50 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa.
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin. Triggers cell adhesion in sympathetic neurons through RET cleavage.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.
S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
- Information by UniProt
- active caspase 3 antibody
- Apopain antibody
- CASP 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody (ab2302)
Lane 1 : Untreated Jurkat cell line (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood)
Lane 2 : Camptothecin treated Jurkat cell line (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood)
Lysates/proteins at 60 µg per lane.
All lanes : Anti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody (ab2302) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate (2 uM Staurosporine, 4Hr) at 20 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate (untreated) at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Cleaved Caspase 3 (recombinant protein) at 0.1 µg
All lanes : 800CW Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Additional bands at: 17 kDa (possible mature (processed) protein), 24 kDa, 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Anti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody (ab2302) at 1 µg/ml + Camptothecin
(2 µM) treated Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) whole cell lysate
ab2302 has been referenced in 986 publications.
- Liu F et al. LncRNA LIFR-AS1 overexpression suppressed the progression of serous ovarian carcinoma. J Clin Lab Anal N/A:e25470 (2022). WB ; Human . PubMed: 35778954
- Wang J et al. MiR-122 Participates in Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in STZ-Induced Pancreatic ß Cells by Regulating PI3K/AKT Signaling Pathway. Int J Endocrinol 2021:5525112 (2021). PubMed: 34054947
- Shui S et al. Non-enzymatic lipid peroxidation initiated by photodynamic therapy drives a distinct ferroptosis-like cell death pathway. Redox Biol 45:102056 (2021). PubMed: 34229160
- Wu Q et al. Histone deacetylase 1 facilitates aerobic glycolysis and growth of endometrial cancer. Oncol Lett 22:721 (2021). PubMed: 34429761
- Zhou XH et al. Osthole induces apoptosis of the HT-29 cells via endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagy. Oncol Lett 22:726 (2021). PubMed: 34429766