Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cleaved Caspase-3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody
See all Cleaved Caspase-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cleaved Caspase-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- ICC/IF: Human epitheloid carcinoma HeLa cell line, treated with staurosporine and WB: Human recombinant caspase-3, active.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion exchange chromatography. The resulting IgG fraction is further purified by absorption on the Caspase-3 peptide (Human, amino acids 167-178) corresponding to the uncleaved Caspase 3 site sequence.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin. Triggers cell adhesion in sympathetic neurons through RET cleavage.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.
S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
- Information by UniProt
- active caspase 3 antibody
- Apopain antibody
- CASP 3 antibody
Anti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody (ab49822) at 1/1000 dilution
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Peroxidase conjugate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Observed band size: 17 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labeling Cleaved Caspase-3 with ab49822 at 1/1000. HeLa cells were treated with 1 μg/mL staurosporine, fixed and permeabilized with Methanol followed by Acetone. Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (whole molecule)-FITC was used as the secondary antibody. Cells were counterstained with DAPI (blue) to stain nuclei.
ab49822 has been referenced in 142 publications.
- Xi X et al. MicroRNA-204-3p represses colon cancer cells proliferation, migration, and invasion by targeting HMGA2. J Cell Physiol 235:1330-1338 (2020). PubMed: 31286521
- Zhang J et al. MicroRNA-132 protects H9c2 cells against oxygen and glucose deprivation-evoked injury by targeting FOXO3A. J Cell Physiol 235:176-184 (2020). PubMed: 31210352
- Chen G et al. A novel CX3CR1 inhibitor AZD8797 facilitates early recovery of rat acute spinal cord injury by inhibiting inflammation and apoptosis. Int J Mol Med 45:1373-1384 (2020). PubMed: 32323731
- Zheng Y et al. Desflurane Preconditioning Protects Against Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury and Inhibits Inflammation and Oxidative Stress in Rats Through Regulating the Nrf2-Keap1-ARE Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:1351-1362 (2020). PubMed: 32308368
- Pang Y et al. Tripartite motif 8 (TRIM8) plays a protective role in a cell model of Parkinson's disease via modulation of NF-?B activation through targeting of I?Ba ubiquitination. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32463919