Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR21032] to Cleaved Caspase-3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameAnti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody [EPR21032]
See all Cleaved Caspase-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR21032] to Cleaved Caspase-3
Specificityab214430 recognises both pro-Caspase-3 and p17 cleavage fragments.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Cleaved Caspase-3 aa 150-250.
Database link: P70677
- WB: NIH/3T3 cells treated with staurosporine, whole cell lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab214430 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 32, 29, 24, 19, 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin. Triggers cell adhesion in sympathetic neurons through RET cleavage.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.
S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
- Information by UniProt
- active caspase 3 antibody
- Apopain antibody
- CASP 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cleaved Caspase-3 antibody [EPR21032] (ab214430) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cells treated with 1 uM staurosprine for 4 hours, whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
Observed band size: 17,19,24,29,32 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Observed molecular masses are consistent with the literature for full-length and cleaved caspase 3 (PMID: 9922454, PMID 16221205).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab214430 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhou H et al. Euxanthone Ameliorates Sevoflurane-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neonatal Mice. J Mol Neurosci 68:275-286 (2019). PubMed: 30927203
- Sun Y et al. Angiotensin II inhibits apoptosis of mouse aortic smooth muscle cells through regulating the circNRG-1/miR-193b-5p/NRG-1 axis. Cell Death Dis 10:362 (2019). PubMed: 31043588
- Li W et al. Targeting photodynamic and photothermal therapy to the endoplasmic reticulum enhances immunogenic cancer cell death. Nat Commun 10:3349 (2019). PubMed: 31350406
- Zhang Y et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis reveals PERP upregulated during Salmonella Enteritidis challenge in laying ducks. J Cell Physiol 234:11330-11347 (2019). PubMed: 30478915
- Wu HJ et al. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1 modulates hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced cardiomyocyte injury via targeting microRNA-520a. Exp Ther Med 18:2199-2206 (2019). PubMed: 31410172
- He C et al. CircLMNB1 promotes colorectal cancer by regulating cell proliferation, apoptosis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Onco Targets Ther 12:6349-6359 (2019). PubMed: 31496737
- Wang Y et al. Angiotensin II receptor blocker LCZ696 attenuates cardiac remodeling through the inhibition of the ERK signaling pathway in mice with pregnancy-associated cardiomyopathy. Cell Biosci 9:86 (2019). PubMed: 31649814
- Bral M et al. Pan-caspase inhibitor F573 mitigates liver ischemia reperfusion injury in a murine model. PLoS One 14:e0224567 (2019). PubMed: 31770375
- Duan G et al. WITHDRAWN: Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR promotes LPS-induced inflammatory injury by down-regulation of microRNA-124 in murine chondrogenic ATDC5 cells. Life Sci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30031813