Product nameClozapine N-oxide, Metabolite of Clozapine
DescriptionMetabolite of Clozapine
Biological descriptionMetabolite of atypical antipsychotic Clozapine (ab120019). Active in vitro and in vivo.
Chemical name8-Chloro-11-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-5H-dibenzo[b,e](1,4)diazepine N-oxide
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141704 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Heinsbroek JA et al. Opposing Regulation of Cocaine Seeking by Glutamate and GABA Neurons in the Ventral Pallidum. Cell Rep 30:2018-2027.e3 (2020). PubMed: 32049028
- Solinski HJ et al. Nppb Neurons Are Sensors of Mast Cell-Induced Itch. Cell Rep 26:3561-3573.e4 (2019). PubMed: 30917312
- Cover KK et al. Activation of the Rostral Intralaminar Thalamus Drives Reinforcement through Striatal Dopamine Release. Cell Rep 26:1389-1398.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30726725
- Andoh M et al. Exercise Reverses Behavioral and Synaptic Abnormalities after Maternal Inflammation. Cell Rep 27:2817-2825.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31167129
- Glasgow SD et al. Activity-Dependent Netrin-1 Secretion Drives Synaptic Insertion of GluA1-Containing AMPA Receptors in the Hippocampus. Cell Rep 25:168-182.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30282026
- Milosavljevic N et al. Photoreceptive retinal ganglion cells control the information rate of the optic nerve. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E11817-E11826 (2018). PubMed: 30487225
- Huang L et al. A retinoraphe projection regulates serotonergic activity and looming-evoked defensive behaviour. Nat Commun 8:14908 (2017). PubMed: 28361990
- Lecca S et al. Aversive stimuli drive hypothalamus-to-habenula excitation to promote escape behavior. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28871962
- Storchi R et al. Melanopsin-driven increases in maintained activity enhance thalamic visual response reliability across a simulated dawn. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E5734-43 (2015). PubMed: 26438865
- Wieronska JM et al. The GABA B receptor agonist CGP44532 and the positive modulator GS39783 reverse some behavioural changes related to positive syndromes of psychosis in mice. Br J Pharmacol 163:1034-47 (2011). PubMed: 21371011