Product nameAnti-CLPX antibody [EP8772]
See all CLPX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP8772] to CLPX
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CLPX aa 600-700.
Database link: O76031
- A673, HT-1080, Saos-2, Human fetal liver & heart lysates, A673 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168338 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionATP-dependent specificity component of the Clp protease. It directs the protease to specific substrates. Can perform chaperone functions in the absence of clpP.
Tissue specificityHigher expression in skeletal muscle and heart and to a lesser extent in liver, brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ClpX chaperone family.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP dependent Clp protease ATP binding subunit clpX like, mitochondrial antibody
- ATP-dependent Clp protease ATP-binding subunit clpX-like, mitochondrial antibody
- AU014732 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CLPX antibody [EP8772] (ab168338) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A673 lysates
Lane 2 : HT-1080 lysates
Lane 3 : Saos-2 lysates
Lane 4 : Human fetal liver lysates
Lane 5 : Human fetal heart lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of A673 cells (red) labeling CLPX with ab168338 at 1/100 dilution. DAPI nuclear staining (blue).
ab168338 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Maio N et al. Dimeric ferrochelatase bridges ABCB7 and ABCB10 homodimers in an architecturally defined molecular complex required for heme biosynthesis. Haematologica N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30765471
- Hu D et al. Alpha-synuclein suppresses mitochondrial protease ClpP to trigger mitochondrial oxidative damage and neurotoxicity. Acta Neuropathol 137:939-960 (2019). PubMed: 30877431
- Bao Y et al. Carnosine Inhibits the Proliferation of Human Cervical Gland Carcinoma Cells Through Inhibiting Both Mitochondrial Bioenergetics and Glycolysis Pathways and Retarding Cell Cycle Progression. Integr Cancer Ther 17:80-91 (2018). PubMed: 28008780
- Franco-Iborra S et al. Defective mitochondrial protein import contributes to complex I-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and neurodegeneration in Parkinson's disease. Cell Death Dis 9:1122 (2018). PubMed: 30405116
- Kubota Y et al. Novel Mechanisms for Heme-dependent Degradation of ALAS1 Protein as a Component of Negative Feedback Regulation of Heme Biosynthesis. J Biol Chem N/A:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27496948