Product nameAnti-CNBP antibody
See all CNBP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CNBP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog
- Human fetal brain lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Titre using peptide based assay: 1.777777778.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionSingle stranded DNA-binding protein, with specificity to the sterol regulatory element (SRE). Involved in sterol-mediated repression.
Tissue specificityPresent in all tissues examined.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CNBP are the cause of dystrophia myotonica type 2 (DM2) [MIM:602668]; also known as proximal myotonic myopathy (PROMM). A multisystem disease characterized by the association of proximal muscle weakness with myotonia, cardiac manifestations and cataract. Additional features can include hyperhidrosis, testicular atrophy, insulin resistance and diabetes and central nervous system anomalies in rare cases. Note=The causative mutation is a CCTG expansion (mean approximately 5000 repeats) located in intron 1 of the CNBP gene.
Sequence similaritiesContains 7 CCHC-type zinc fingers.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CCHC type zinc finger nucleic acid binding protein antibody
- Cellular nucleic acid binding protein antibody
- Cellular nucleic acid-binding protein antibody
Anti-CNBP antibody (ab83038) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal brain lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
This product has been referenced in:
- Youngworth I & Delany ME A Premature Stop Codon in RAF1 Is the Priority Candidate Causative Mutation of the Inherited Chicken Wingless-2 Developmental Syndrome. Genes (Basel) 10:N/A (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31075853) »
- Lee E et al. CNBP acts as a key transcriptional regulator of sustained expression of interleukin-6. Nucleic Acids Res 45:3280-3296 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28168305) »