Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CNTF
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CNTF antibody
See all CNTF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CNTF
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICC/IFRat
Recombinant human CNTF.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
FunctionCNTF is a survival factor for various neuronal cell types. Seems to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
Tissue specificityNervous system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CNTF family.
- Information by UniProt
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor antibody
- CNTF antibody
- CNTF_HUMAN antibody
- HCNTF antibody
ICC/IF image of ab46172 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab46172, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab46172 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Cheng XQ et al. Protein microarray analysis of cytokine expression changes in distal stumps after sciatic nerve transection. Neural Regen Res 15:503-511 (2020). PubMed: 31571662
- Si ZP et al. CNTF and Nrf2 Are Coordinately Involved in Regulating Self-Renewal and Differentiation of Neural Stem Cell during Embryonic Development. iScience 19:303-315 (2019). PubMed: 31404831
- Fan L et al. Polyaniline promotes peripheral nerve regeneration by enhancement of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor and ciliary neurotrophic factor expression and activation of the ERK1/2/MAPK signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 16:7534-7540 (2017). PubMed: 28944860
- Fan K et al. Hypomethylation of CNTFRa is associated with proliferation and poor prognosis in lower grade gliomas. Sci Rep 7:7079 (2017). PubMed: 28765641
- Huang L et al. Congenital absence of corticospinal tract does not severely affect plastic changes of the developing postnatal spinal cord. Neuroscience 301:338-50 (2015). IHC-P, WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26079333
- Joly S et al. New mouse retinal stroke model reveals direction-selective circuit damage linked to permanent optokinetic response loss. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:4476-89 (2014). PubMed: 24970264
- Severi I et al. Opposite effects of a high-fat diet and calorie restriction on ciliary neurotrophic factor signaling in the mouse hypothalamus. Front Neurosci 7:263 (2013). PubMed: 24409114
- Paintlia MK et al. S-nitrosoglutathione induces ciliary neurotrophic factor expression in astrocytes, which has implications to protect the central nervous system under pathological conditions. J Biol Chem 288:3831-43 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 23264628