Product nameCobalt NTA Affinity Resin - Amintra
DescriptionCobalt NTA Affinity Resin - Amintra
Cobalt NTA Affinity Resin - Amintra (ab270018) is designed for simple, rapid His-tagged recombinant protein purification from a cell lysate under native or denaturing conditions. Metal chelate affinity chromatography is a rapid one step purification, which removes most contaminants and can achieve purities close to homogeneity. The rapid purification protocols provided in the protocol book along with the NTA resin for affinity chromatography permit the recovery of high levels of pure recombinant protein in minutes. Large numbers of samples can be processed at the same time. Recombinant proteins purified using Cobalt NTA Affinity Resin - Amintra (ab270018) may be used in a wide range of structure and activity based laboratory procedures.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Amintra Cobalt NTA Affinity Resin - Amintra. Expedeon product codes ACO0010 (10 mL Medium), ACO0025 (25 mL Medium) and ACO0100 (100 mL Medium) are the same as the current sizes: 10 mL, 25 mL, and 100 mL, respectively.
Characterization of the resin
- Supporting matrix: Highly cross-linked 6% agarose
- Charged metal ion: Co2+
- Bead size range: 45-165 µm
- Recommended working pH Short term: pH 2.0-14.0 – Long term: pH 3.0-12.0
- Typical binding capacity: > 20 mg 6x HIS-tagged recombinant protein/ml resin
- Maximum pressure: 0.3MPa (3 bar)
- Chemical stability: High
- Solubility in water: Insoluble
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 6
Constituent: 20% Ethanol
Concentration information loading...
ab270018 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Dos Santos Rodrigues FH et al. The Leishmania PABP1-eIF4E4 interface: a novel 5'-3' interaction architecture for trans-spliced mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res 47:1493-1504 (2019). PubMed: 30476241