Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cofilin
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cofilin antibody
See all Cofilin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cofilin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 154-166 of human cofilin with N-terminal cysteine added, conjugated to maleimide-activated keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH). The corresponding immunizing sequence is identical in pig and rat non-muscle cofilin and differs by three amino acids from that of human and chicken muscle cofilin.
General notesThe corresponding immunizing sequence is identical in pig and rat non-muscle cofilin and differs by three amino acids from that of human and chicken muscle cofilin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11062 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionControls reversibly actin polymerization and depolymerization in a pH-sensitive manner. It has the ability to bind G- and F-actin in a 1:1 ratio of cofilin to actin. It is the major component of intranuclear and cytoplasmic actin rods.
Tissue specificityWidely distributed in various tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin-binding proteins ADF family.
Contains 1 ADF-H domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-3 in resting cells.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Almost completely in nucleus in cells exposed to heat shock or 10% dimethyl sulfoxide.
- Information by UniProt
- 18 kDa phosphoprotein antibody
- CFL 1 antibody
- CFL antibody
ICC/IF image of ab11062 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11062, 1 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells.
ab11062 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Burger J et al. Fibulin-4 deficiency differentially affects cytoskeleton structure and dynamics as well as TGFß signaling. Cell Signal 58:65-78 (2019). PubMed: 30844428
- Feuge J et al. FMRP Modulates Activity-Dependent Spine Plasticity by Binding Cofilin1 mRNA and Regulating Localization and Local Translation. Cereb Cortex N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30953439
- Chen T et al. Large-scale curvature sensing by directional actin flow drives cellular migration mode switching. Nat Phys 15:393-402 (2019). PubMed: 30984281
- Yu Y et al. Inhibition of ovarian tumor cell invasiveness by targeting SYK in the tyrosine kinase signaling pathway. Oncogene 37:3778-3789 (2018). PubMed: 29643476
- Reyhani V et al. PDGF-BB enhances collagen gel contraction through a PI3K-PLC?-PKC-cofilin pathway. Sci Rep 7:8924 (2017). PubMed: 28827622