Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP6376] to Cofilin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cofilin antibody [EP6376]
See all Cofilin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP6376] to Cofilin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Cofilin (UniProt ID: P23528).
- WB: HeLa, MCF7, and Caco-2 cell lysates. IHC-P: Human colon tissue.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134963 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionControls reversibly actin polymerization and depolymerization in a pH-sensitive manner. It has the ability to bind G- and F-actin in a 1:1 ratio of cofilin to actin. It is the major component of intranuclear and cytoplasmic actin rods.
Tissue specificityWidely distributed in various tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin-binding proteins ADF family.
Contains 1 ADF-H domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-3 in resting cells.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Almost completely in nucleus in cells exposed to heat shock or 10% dimethyl sulfoxide.
- Information by UniProt
- 18 kDa phosphoprotein antibody
- CFL 1 antibody
- CFL antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cofilin antibody [EP6376] (ab134963) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Caco-2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 18 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human colon tissue labelling Cofilin with ab134963 antibody at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab134963 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Cheng L et al. Zoledronate dysregulates fatty acid metabolism in renal tubular epithelial cells to induce nephrotoxicity. Arch Toxicol 92:469-485 (2018). PubMed: 28871336
- Liu Y et al. Cadmium favors F-actin depolymerization in rat renal mesangial cells by site-specific, disulfide-based dimerization of the CAP1 protein. Arch Toxicol 92:1049-1064 (2018). PubMed: 29222746
- Chen WL et al. Inhibition of TRPM7 by carvacrol suppresses glioblastoma cell proliferation, migration and invasion. Oncotarget 6:16321-40 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25965832