Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Pdelta] to Coilin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Coilin antibody [Pdelta]
See all Coilin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Pdelta] to Coilin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, African green monkey
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Coilin (C terminal).
EpitopeMonoclonal Anti-coilin reacts with an epitope located between amino acids 363 and 481 of human coilin.
- HeLa nuclear extract.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionIs a component of the nuclear coiled bodies (CBS) which are involved in the function or assembly/disassembly of nucleoplasmic snRNPs. During mitosis, CBS disassemble, coinciding with a mitotic-specific phosphorylation of p80 coilin.
Tissue specificityFound in all the cell types examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the coilin family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nuclear coiled body located in the interchromatin space between the nucleolus and the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CLN 80 antibody
- CLN80 antibody
- COIL antibody
ICC/IF image of ab11822 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11822, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab11822 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Chen L et al. Loss of Human TGS1 Hypermethylase Promotes Increased Telomerase RNA and Telomere Elongation. Cell Rep 30:1358-1372.e5 (2020). PubMed: 32023455
- Takahashi H et al. The role of Mediator and Little Elongation Complex in transcription termination. Nat Commun 11:1063 (2020). PubMed: 32102997
- Kung JE & Jura N The pseudokinase TRIB1 toggles an intramolecular switch to regulate COP1 nuclear export. EMBO J 38:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30692133
- Chen L et al. An Activity Switch in Human Telomerase Based on RNA Conformation and Shaped by TCAB1. Cell 174:218-230.e13 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29804836
- Lassak A et al. Molecular and Structural Traits of Insulin Receptor Substrate 1/LC3 Nuclear Structures and Their Role in Autophagy Control and Tumor Cell Survival. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29483302