Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Pdelta] to Coilin
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Coilin antibody [Pdelta]
See all Coilin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Pdelta] to Coilin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, African green monkey
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Coilin (C terminal).
EpitopeMonoclonal Anti-coilin reacts with an epitope located between amino acids 363 and 481 of human coilin.
- HeLa nuclear extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionIs a component of the nuclear coiled bodies (CBS) which are involved in the function or assembly/disassembly of nucleoplasmic snRNPs. During mitosis, CBS disassemble, coinciding with a mitotic-specific phosphorylation of p80 coilin.
Tissue specificityFound in all the cell types examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the coilin family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nuclear coiled body located in the interchromatin space between the nucleolus and the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CLN 80 antibody
- CLN80 antibody
- COIL antibody
ICC/IF image of ab11822 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11822, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab11822 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Chen L et al. An Activity Switch in Human Telomerase Based on RNA Conformation and Shaped by TCAB1. Cell 174:218-230.e13 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29804836
- Lassak A et al. Molecular and Structural Traits of Insulin Receptor Substrate 1/LC3 Nuclear Structures and Their Role in Autophagy Control and Tumor Cell Survival. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29483302
- Hong J et al. Telomerase activates transcription of cyclin D1 gene through an interaction with NOL1. J Cell Sci 129:1566-79 (2016). PubMed: 26906424
- Lin Y et al. Toxic PR Poly-Dipeptides Encoded by the C9orf72 Repeat Expansion Target LC Domain Polymers. Cell 167:789-802.e12 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27768897
- Lee JH et al. Involvement of SRSF11 in cell cycle-specific recruitment of telomerase to telomeres at nuclear speckles. Nucleic Acids Res 43:8435-51 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26286192