Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen I + Collagen III
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, ELISA, ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Dog
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Collagen I + Collagen III antibody
See all Collagen I + Collagen III primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen I + Collagen III
SpecificitySpecificity was ascertained by direct ELISA using pure dog collagen types I and III for coating microplate wells. No binding to canine serum proteins is revealed at similar dilutions of the antibody.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, ELISA, ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Dog
Full length native protein (purified) (Dog). Extensively purified native collagen type I and III extracted from dog tail tendon.
- Native dog collagen type I and III for dot blotting and ELISA.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPooled antisera are passed over DEAE cellulose to produce IgG enriched fraction. The affinity purified antibody is obtained by binding to immobilized native dog collagen, mixture of type I and III (the antigens used for immunization), followed by elution with acidic buffer, neutralisation, dialysis, dispensing and lyophilization.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24137 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. The antibody can be diluted at least 1/20 for immunohistochemical procedures if Peroxidase labeled secondary antibodies are applied. If a FITC labeled secondary antibody is used the antibody can be diluted 1/10.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceCollagen I is a fibrillar collagen found in most connective tissues, and the only component of the collagen found in cartilage. Mutations in this gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, and idiopathic osteoporosis. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 17 and 22, where this gene and the gene for platelet derived growth factor beta are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, resulting from unregulated expression of the growth factor. Two transcripts, resulting from the use of alternate polyadenylation signals, have been identified for this gene. Collagen III is a fibrillar collagen that is found in extensible connective tissues such as skin, lung, and the vascular system, frequently in association with Collagen I. Mutations in this gene are associated with Ehlers Danlos syndrome type IV, and with aortic and arterial aneurysms. Although alternate transcripts have been detected for this gene, they are the result of mutations; these mutations alter splicing, often leading to the exclusion of multiple exons.
- Alpha 1 type I collagen antibody
- Alpha 2 type I collagen antibody
- COL1A1 antibody
ab24137 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Liu MM et al. Development and Evaluation of a Tissue-Engineered Fibrin-based Canine Mitral Valve Three-dimensional Cell Culture System. J Comp Pathol 160:23-33 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Dog . PubMed: 29729718
- Sivasubramanian S et al. Phenotypic Screening Identifies Synergistically Acting Natural Product Enhancing the Performance of Biomaterial Based Wound Healing. Front Pharmacol 8:433 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28769790
- Chen WQ et al. Variations of protein levels in human amniotic fluid stem cells CD117/2 over passages 5-25. J Proteome Res 8:5285-95 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19791749