Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen I + II + III + IV + V
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Dot blot, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Collagen I + II + III + IV + V antibody
See all Collagen I + II + III + IV + V primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen I + II + III + IV + V
Specificityab24117 recognises collagen I, II, III, IV and V. Antisera to specific collagen types were blended so to achieve equal reaction to any of the collagen types used.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Dot blot, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein corresponding to Collagen I + II + III + IV + V.
- Human kidney, liver, skin and heart
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAmmonium sulfate precipitation + DEAE cellulose chromatography + Cross-absorption with immobilized human serum proteins.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24117 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionType I collagen is a member of group I collagen (fibrillar forming collagen).
Tissue specificityForms the fibrils of tendon, ligaments and bones. In bones the fibrils are mineralized with calcium hydroxyapatite.
Involvement in diseaseCaffey disease
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, classic type
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome 7A
Osteogenesis imperfecta 1
Osteogenesis imperfecta 2
Osteogenesis imperfecta 3
Osteogenesis imperfecta 4
A chromosomal aberration involving COL1A1 is found in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Translocation t(17;22)(q22;q13) with PDGF.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fibrillar collagen family.
Contains 1 fibrillar collagen NC1 domain.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
DomainThe C-terminal propeptide, also known as COLFI domain, have crucial roles in tissue growth and repair by controlling both the intracellular assembly of procollagen molecules and the extracellular assembly of collagen fibrils. It binds a calcium ion which is essential for its function.
modificationsProline residues at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-P) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains. Proline residues at the second position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-P-X) are hydroxylated in some of the chains.
O-linked glycan consists of a Glc-Gal disaccharide bound to the oxygen atom of a post-translationally added hydroxyl group.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-1 type I collagen antibody
- CO1A1_HUMAN antibody
- COL1A1 antibody
ab24117 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Price S et al. The TrpA protein of Trichodesmium erythraeum IMS101 is a non-fibril-forming collagen and a component of the outer sheath. Microbiology 160:2148-56 (2014). PubMed: 25009239
- Demidova-Rice TN et al. Bioactive peptides derived from vascular endothelial cell extracellular matrices promote microvascular morphogenesis and wound healing in vitro. Wound Repair Regen 19:59-70 (2011). IP ; Human . PubMed: 21134032
- Layton BE et al. Collagen's triglycine repeat number and phylogeny suggest an interdomain transfer event from a Devonian or Silurian organism into Trichodesmium erythraeum. J Mol Evol 66:539-54 (2008). PubMed: 18521530