Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1E7-D7/Col3] to Collagen III
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Collagen III antibody [1E7-D7/Col3]
See all Collagen III primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1E7-D7/Col3] to Collagen III
Specificityab23445 is highly specific for type III Collagen. It has been shown to have no cross reactivity with type I and V Collagens. There is no evidence for cross reactivity with other connective tissue proteins (laminin, fibronectin, elastin).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Sheep, Cow
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Collagen III.
Database link: P02461
EpitopeThe epitope recognised by ab23445 is located approximately 100nm from the N terminal of the molecule.
- Frozen and unfixed human or kangaroo skin tissue slides.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23445 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionCollagen type III occurs in most soft connective tissues along with type I collagen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in COL3A1 are a cause of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 3 (EDS3) [MIM:130020]; also known as benign hypermobility syndrome. EDS is a connective tissue disorder characterized by hyperextensible skin, atrophic cutaneous scars due to tissue fragility and joint hyperlaxity. EDS3 is a form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome characterized by marked joint hyperextensibility without skeletal deformity.
Defects in COL3A1 are the cause of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 4 (EDS4) [MIM:130050]. EDS is a connective tissue disorder characterized by hyperextensible skin, atrophic cutaneous scars due to tissue fragility and joint hyperlaxity. EDS4 is the most severe form of the disease. It is characterized by the joint and dermal manifestations as in other forms of the syndrome, characteristic facial features (acrogeria) in most patients, and by proneness to spontaneous rupture of bowel and large arteries. The vascular complications may affect all anatomical areas.
Defects in COL3A1 are a cause of susceptibility to aortic aneurysm abdominal (AAA) [MIM:100070]. AAA is a common multifactorial disorder characterized by permanent dilation of the abdominal aorta, usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. Histologically, AAA is characterized by signs of chronic inflammation, destructive remodeling of the extracellular matrix, and depletion of vascular smooth muscle cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fibrillar collagen family.
Contains 1 fibrillar collagen NC1 domain.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
modificationsProline residues at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
O-linked glycan consists of a Glc-Gal disaccharide bound to the oxygen atom of a post-translationally added hydroxyl group.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 1 type III collagen antibody
- Alpha1 (III) collagen antibody
- CO3A1_HUMAN antibody
ab23445 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Polycystin-1 Downregulation Induced Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Phenotypic Alteration and Extracellular Matrix Remodeling in Thoracic Aortic Dissection. Front Physiol 11:548055 (2020). PubMed: 33071810
- Liu XQ et al. lncRNA MALAT1 Accelerates Wound Healing of Diabetic Mice Transfused with Modified Autologous Blood via the HIF-1a Signaling Pathway. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 17:504-515 (2019). PubMed: 31344658
- Rong N et al. Restoring extracellular matrix synthesis in senescent stem cells. FASEB J 33:10954-10965 (2019). PubMed: 31287964
- Xu M et al. Combination of SDF-1 and bFGF promotes bone marrow stem cell-mediated periodontal ligament regeneration. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31789340
- Kishi Y et al. Phenotypic characterization of adenomyosis occurring at the inner and outer myometrium. PLoS One 12:e0189522 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29253010