Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen IV alpha 1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Collagen IV alpha 1 antibody
See all Collagen IV alpha 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen IV alpha 1
Specificityab189408 recognizes extracellular - basement membranes.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Pig
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Collagen IV alpha 1. Isolated from Human placenta
Database link: P02462
- Human kidney tissue, glomerulus.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab189408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/75 - 1/100.
Sections should be pretreated with 1 mg/ml pepsin in 0.01 N HCl for 30 minutes at room temperature.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 161 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||1/25 - 1/100.
Fix in methanol, aceton or 1% paraformaldehyde. A PBS buffer containing 0.1 mM CaCl2 and 0.1 mM MgCl2 is recommended.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Methanol fixation recommended.
RelevanceType IV collagen is the major structural component of glomerular basement membranes (GBM), forming a 'chicken-wire' meshwork together with laminins, proteoglycans and entactin/nidogen. Arresten, comprising the C-terminal NC1 domain, inhibits angiogenesis and tumor formation. The C-terminal half is found to possess the anti-angiogenic activity. Specifically inhibits endothelial cell proliferation, migration and tube formation. Inhibits expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK activation. Ligand for alpha1/beta1 integrin.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Arresten antibody
- COL4A1 NC1 domain antibody
- Collagen alpha-1(IV) chain antibody
ab189408 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chen L et al. Morphologic, Biomechanical, and Compositional Features of the Internal Limiting Membrane in Pathologic Myopic Foveoschisis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 59:5569-5578 (2018). PubMed: 30480705
- Kriz W et al. Accumulation of worn-out GBM material substantially contributes to mesangial matrix expansion in diabetic nephropathy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 312:F1101-F1111 (2017). PubMed: 28228399