Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen VII - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, Common marmoset
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Collagen VII antibody - BSA and Azide free
See all Collagen VII primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen VII - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Common marmoset
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Collagen VII.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93350 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
EIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
ICC/IF: Use at a concentration of 2.5 - 10 µg/ml.
IP: Use at a concentration of 2.5 - 10 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.2 - 0.8 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 295 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionStratified squamous epithelial basement membrane protein that forms anchoring fibrils which may contribute to epithelial basement membrane organization and adherence by interacting with extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins such as type IV collagen.
Involvement in diseaseEpidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA) is an autoimmune acquired blistering skin disease resulting from autoantibodies to type VII collagen.
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, autosomal dominant
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, autosomal recessive
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, Pasini type
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, Hallopeau-Siemens type
Transient bullous dermolysis of the newborn
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, pretibial type
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, Bart type
Epidermolysis bullosa pruriginosa
Nail disorder, non-syndromic congenital, 8
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica, with subcorneal cleavage
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BPTI/Kunitz inhibitor domain.
Contains 9 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 2 VWFA domains.
modificationsProlines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 1 type VII collagen antibody
- CO7A1_HUMAN antibody
- Col7a1 antibody
ab93350 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Beilin AK et al. Signatures of Dermal Fibroblasts from RDEB Pediatric Patients. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33670258
- Boukhedouni N et al. Type-1 cytokines regulate MMP-9 production and E-cadherin disruption to promote melanocyte loss in vitiligo. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32369451
- Wang S et al. Single cell transcriptomics of human epidermis identifies basal stem cell transition states. Nat Commun 11:4239 (2020). PubMed: 32843640
- Twaroski K et al. Revertant Mosaic Fibroblasts in Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Br J Dermatol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30924923
- Chung CL et al. Topical rapamycin reduces markers of senescence and aging in human skin: an exploratory, prospective, randomized trial. Geroscience 41:861-869 (2019). PubMed: 31761958
- Ghetti M et al. Subpopulations of dermal skin fibroblasts secrete distinct extracellular matrix: implications for using skin substitutes in the clinic. Br J Dermatol 179:381-393 (2018). PubMed: 29266210
- Russo V et al. Granzyme B is elevated in autoimmune blistering diseases and cleaves key anchoring proteins of the dermal-epidermal junction. Sci Rep 8:9690 (2018). PubMed: 29946113
- Gouveia RM et al. Controlling the 3D architecture of Self-Lifting Auto-generated Tissue Equivalents (SLATEs) for optimized corneal graft composition and stability. Biomaterials 121:205-219 (2017). IF ; Human . PubMed: 28092777
- Gouveia RM et al. Template Curvature Influences Cell Alignment to Create Improved Human Corneal Tissue Equivalents. Adv Biosyst 1:e1700135 (2017). PubMed: 32646159
- Breitenbach JS et al. Transcriptome and ultrastructural changes in dystrophic Epidermolysis bullosa resemble skin aging. Aging (Albany NY) 7:389-411 (2015). IF . PubMed: 26143532