Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen X
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Collagen X antibody
See all Collagen X primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen X
Specificityab58632 recognizes type X collagen. Exhibits slight cross-reactivity with fibronectin and type II and type IX collagen. Does not cross-react with type I, type III, or type XI collagen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) Type X collagen from rat chondrosarcoma cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58632 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/300.|
FunctionType X collagen is a product of hyperthrophic chondrotocytes and has been localized to presumptive mineralization zones of hyaline cartilage.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in COL10A1 are the cause of Schmid type metaphyseal chondrodysplasia (SMCD) [MIM:156500]. SMCD is a dominantly inherited disorder of the osseous skeleton. The cardinal features of the phenotype are mild short stature, coxa vara and a waddling gait. Radiography usually shows sclerosis of the ribs, flaring of the metaphyses, and a wide irregular growth plate, especially of the knees. A variant form of SMCD is spondylometaphyseal dysplasia Japanese type. It is characterized by spinal involvement comprising mild platyspondyly, vertebral body abnormalities, and end-plate irregularity.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
modificationsProlines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- COAA1_HUMAN antibody
- Col10a 1 antibody
- COL10A1 antibody
Anti-Collagen X antibody (ab58632) at 1/500 dilution + HT 1080 (Human fibrosarcoma) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 66 + 64 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 37 kDa, 50 kDa, 98 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 150 seconds
The band observed at 64 kDa could potentially be a cleaved form of Collagen X due to the presence of a 18 amino acid signal peptide.
ab58632 has been referenced in 133 publications.
- Zhou H et al. Mineral Distribution Spatially Patterns Bone Marrow Stromal Cell Behavior on Monolithic Bone Scaffolds. Acta Biomater N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32479819
- Sun P et al. Regulation of body length and bone mass by Gpr126/Adgrg6. Sci Adv 6:eaaz0368 (2020). PubMed: 32219165
- Yang H et al. Inhibition of Ihh Reverses Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis via a PTH1R Signaling Dependent Mechanism. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31382618
- Zhang S et al. Kartogenin hydrolysis product 4-aminobiphenyl distributes to cartilage and mediates cartilage regeneration. Theranostics 9:7108-7121 (2019). PubMed: 31695756
- Deng Q et al. Activation of hedgehog signaling in mesenchymal stem cells induces cartilage and bone tumor formation via Wnt/ß-Catenin. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31482846