Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen XVII
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28440 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 180 kDa.|
RelevanceUnlike most collagens, collagen XVII is a transmembrane protein. Collagen XVII is a structural component of hemidesmosomes, multiprotein complexes at the dermal epidermal basement membrane zone that mediate adhesion of keratinocytes to the underlying membrane. Mutations in the gene coding for collagen XVII are associated with both generalized atrophic benign and junctional epidermolysis bullosa. Two homotrimeric forms of type XVII collagen exist. The full length form is the transmembrane protein. A soluble form, referred to as either ectodomain or LAD 1, is generated by proteolytic processing of the full length form. Two transcript variants, one resulting from alternative splicing in the 3' UTR, have been identified for this gene.
Cellular localizationCell junction, hemidesmosome. Membrane; Single-pass type II membrane protein. Note=Localized along the plasma membrane of the hemidesmosome. 120 kDa linear IgA disease antigen and 97 kDa linear IgA disease antigen: Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix, basement membrane.
- 180 kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen 2 antibody
- Alpha 1 type XVII collagen antibody
- BA16H23.2 antibody
ab28440 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Fischer NG et al. Surface Immobilization Chemistry of a Laminin-Derived Peptide Affects Keratinocyte Activity. Coatings (Basel) 10:N/A (2020). ICC ; Human . PubMed: 32855816
- Koidou VP et al. Peptide coatings enhance keratinocyte attachment towards improving the peri-implant mucosal seal. Biomater Sci 6:1936-1945 (2018). PubMed: 29850754
- Liu CC et al. Suspension survival mediated by PP2A-STAT3-Col XVII determines tumour initiation and metastasis in cancer stem cells. Nat Commun 7:11798 (2016). WB, IF, IHC . PubMed: 27306323