Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein antibody
See all COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
This product was previously labelled as COMP
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74524 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa).Can be blocked with Human COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein peptide (ab275078).|
FunctionMay play a role in the structural integrity of cartilage via its interaction with other extracellular matrix proteins such as the collagens and fibronectin. Can mediate the interaction of chondrocytes with the cartilage extracellular matrix through interaction with cell surface integrin receptors. Could play a role in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis. Potent suppressor of apoptosis in both primary chondrocytes and transformed cells. Suppresses apoptosis by blocking the activation of caspase-3 and by inducing the IAP family of survival proteins (BIRC3, BIRC2, BIRC5 and XIAP). Essential for maintaining a vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) contractile/differentiated phenotype under physiological and pathological stimuli. Maintains this phenotype of VSMCs by interacting with ITGA7.
Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in the chondrocyte extracellular matrix, and is also found in bone, tendon, ligament and synovium and blood vessels. Increased amounts are produced during late stages of osteoarthritis in the area adjacent to the main defect.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in COMP are the cause of multiple epiphyseal dysplasia type 1 (EDM1) [MIM:132400]. EDM is a generalized skeletal dysplasia associated with significant morbidity. Joint pain, joint deformity, waddling gait, and short stature are the main clinical signs and symptoms. EDM is broadly categorized into the more severe Fairbank and the milder Ribbing types.
Defects in COMP are the cause of pseudoachondroplasia (PSACH) [MIM:177170]. PSAC is a dominantly inherited chondrodysplasia characterized by short stature and early-onset osteoarthrosis. PSACH is more severe than EDM1 and is recognized in early childhood.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 4 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
Developmental stagePresent during the earliest stages of limb maturation and is later found in regions where the joints develop.
DomainThe cell attachment motif mediates the attachment to chondrocytes. It mediates the induction of both the IAP family of survival proteins and the antiapoptotic response.
The TSP C-terminal domain mediates interaction with FN1 and ACAN.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (pseudoachondroplasia, epiphyseal dysplasia 1, multiple) antibody
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein antibody
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein precursor antibody
All lanes : Anti-COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein antibody (ab74524) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human heart tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 82 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab74524 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406
ab74524 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhao X et al. MicroRNA-495 enhances chondrocyte apoptosis, senescence and promotes the progression of osteoarthritis by targeting AKT1. Am J Transl Res 11:2232-2244 (2019). PubMed: 31105831
- Ahn SB et al. Potential early clinical stage colorectal cancer diagnosis using a proteomics blood test panel. Clin Proteomics 16:34 (2019). PubMed: 31467500
- Cao J et al. miR-204-5p inhibits the occurrence and development of osteoarthritis by targeting Runx2. Int J Mol Med 42:2560-2568 (2018). PubMed: 30106092
- Debnath S et al. Discovery of a periosteal stem cell mediating intramembranous bone formation. Nature 562:133-139 (2018). PubMed: 30250253
- Hakimi O et al. A quantitative label-free analysis of the extracellular proteome of human supraspinatus tendon reveals damage to the pericellular and elastic fibre niches in torn and aged tissue. PLoS One 12:e0177656 (2017). PubMed: 28542244
- Jeong JW et al. Mori Folium water extract alleviates articular cartilage damages and inflammatory responses in monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritis rats. Mol Med Rep 16:3841-3848 (2017). PubMed: 29067461
- Crevenna AH et al. Secretory cargo sorting by Ca2+-dependent Cab45 oligomerization at the trans-Golgi network. J Cell Biol 213:305-14 (2016). PubMed: 27138253
- Liu CF et al. Spatial and temporal expression of molecular markers and cell signals during normal development of the mouse patellar tendon. Tissue Eng Part A : (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21939397
- Crovace A et al. Histological and immunohistochemical evaluation of autologous cultured bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and bone marrow mononucleated cells in collagenase-induced tendinitis of equine superficial digital flexor tendon. Vet Med Int 2010:250978 (2010). PubMed: 20445779