Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
Product nameComplex I Immunocapture Kit
See all Complex I kits
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Optimized for isolation of Complex I from small amounts of tissue for activity assays and other analyses. Based on a highly specific antibody.
250 µg, 500 µg or 750 µg monoclonal antibody irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture ~60 µg, ~120 µg or ~180 µg respectively of Complex I from heart mitochondria.
ab109711 allows for isolation of Complex I from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of assembly state and activity. Thus the enzyme retains NADH-ferricyanide, NADH-CoQ1 and NADH hexaaminoruthenium reductase activities after isolation, and with added lipids it also shows significant rotenone sensitivity. Finally, the extent of post translational modifications including oxidative damage can be readily analyzed by proteomic approaches or antibody detection of these modifications. Uses for ab109711 include but are not limited to examining alterations of Complex I subunits in inherited mitochondrial diseases, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, ALS, schizophrenia, and aging.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent (lauryl maltoside, ab109857).
Product supplied as a 6.25% slurry. For the 250 µg, this consists of 250 µg antibody conjugated to 25 µL beads in a volume of 250 µL.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 250 µg 500 µg Complex 1 monoclonal antibody coupled agarose beads 1 x 250µg 2 x 250µg
- NADH dehydrogenase
ab109711 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Jaña F et al. Complex I and II are required for normal mitochondrial Ca2+ homeostasis. Mitochondrion 49:73-82 (2019). PubMed: 31310854
- Ganini D et al. Switch of Mitochondrial Superoxide Dismutase into a Prooxidant Peroxidase in Manganese-Deficient Cells and Mice. Cell Chem Biol 25:413-425.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29398562
- Milanese C et al. Mitochondrial Complex I Reversible S-Nitrosation Improves Bioenergetics and Is Protective in Parkinson's Disease. Antioxid Redox Signal 28:44-61 (2018). PubMed: 28816057
- Bridges HR et al. Subunit NDUFV3 is present in two distinct isoforms in mammalian complex I. Biochim Biophys Acta 1858:197-207 (2017). PubMed: 27940020
- Jian B et al. Resveratrol restores sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) activity and pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 (PDK1) expression after hemorrhagic injury in a rat model. Mol Med 20:10-6 (2014). Functional Studies ; Rat . PubMed: 24395567