Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4H12BG12AG2] to Complex II Immunocapture
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Complex II Immunocapture antibody [4H12BG12AG2]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4H12BG12AG2] to Complex II Immunocapture
SpecificityHuman, bovine, mouse
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified). This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Bovine heart and Human mitochondria. IF/ICC: HeLa cell line
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab109865 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109865 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at 100-1 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevanceComplex II is also called succinate ubiquinone oxidoreductase or more commonly succinate dehydrogenase complex. This complex is composed of four nuclear encoded subunits and contains a flavin (FAD), non-heme iron centers and a b-type cytochrome as prosthetic groups. It is both a component of the electron transport chain and an enzyme of the Krebs cycle. Complex II deficiencies are seen in OXPHOS genetic disease and found in a type of cancer called paraganglioma.
ICC/IF image of ab109865 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab109865, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Complex II immunoprecipitation using antibody ab109865 crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads. Complex II was immunoprecipitated from a lauryl maltoside detergent extract of 1000 ug bovine heart mitochondria in lane 1 and 500 ug human heart mitochondria in lane 2. The gel was stained with coomassie brilliant blue.
ab109865 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Lysine desuccinylase SIRT5 binds to cardiolipin and regulates the electron transport chain. J Biol Chem 292:10239-10249 (2017). PubMed: 28458255
- Sakakibara I et al. Six1 homeoprotein drives myofiber type IIA specialization in soleus muscle. Skelet Muscle 6:30 (2016). PubMed: 27597886
- Jonckheere AI et al. A complex V ATP5A1 defect causes fatal neonatal mitochondrial encephalopathy. Brain 136:1544-54 (2013). PubMed: 23599390
- Mendez-Figueroa H et al. Effects of Labor on Placental Fatty Acid Beta Oxidation. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med : (2012). Human . PubMed: 22928498
- Finley LW et al. Succinate dehydrogenase is a direct target of sirtuin 3 deacetylase activity. PLoS One 6:e23295 (2011). PubMed: 21858060
- Taanman JW et al. Characterization of a novel TYMP splice site mutation associated with mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE). Neuromuscul Disord 19:151-4 (2009). PubMed: 19056268
- Nadanaciva S et al. Target identification of drug induced mitochondrial toxicity using immunocapture based OXPHOS activity assays. Toxicol In Vitro 21:902-11 (2007). PubMed: 17346924
- Schilling B et al. Proteomic analysis of succinate dehydrogenase and ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase (Complex II and III) isolated by immunoprecipitation from bovine and mouse heart mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta 1762:213-22 (2006). PubMed: 16120479