Key features and details
- Potent, selective vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor. Macrolide antibiotic agent.
- CAS Number: 80890-47-7
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Streptomyces sp.
Product nameConcanamycin A (Folimycin). Potent, selective vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor.
DescriptionPotent, selective vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor. Macrolide antibiotic agent.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144227 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Johansson JA et al. PRL3-DDX21 Transcriptional Control of Endolysosomal Genes Restricts Melanocyte Stem Cell Differentiation. Dev Cell 54:317-332.e9 (2020). PubMed: 32652076
- Li X et al. Dehydrin MtCAS31 promotes autophagic degradation under drought stress. Autophagy N/A:1-16 (2019). PubMed: 31362589
- Saliba E et al. The yeast H+-ATPase Pma1 promotes Rag/Gtr-dependent TORC1 activation in response to H+-coupled nutrient uptake. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29570051
- Shi M et al. Amino acids stimulate the endosome-to-Golgi trafficking through Ragulator and small GTPase Arl5. Nat Commun 9:4987 (2018). PubMed: 30478271
- Fowler DW et al. Zoledronic acid renders human M1 and M2 macrophages susceptible to Vd2+ ?d T cell cytotoxicity in a perforin-dependent manner. Cancer Immunol Immunother 66:1205-1215 (2017). PubMed: 28501938
- Park H et al. Tumor Inhibitory Effect of IRCR201, a Novel Cross-Reactive c-Met Antibody Targeting the PSI Domain. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28902178