Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Constitutive androstane receptor
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Constitutive androstane receptor antibody
See all Constitutive androstane receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Constitutive androstane receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Constitutive androstane receptor aa 103-352 (C terminal).
Database link: Q14994
- U87 and BT474 cell lysates; Mouse liver tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab186869 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionBinds and transactivates the retinoic acid response elements that control expression of the retinoic acid receptor beta 2 and alcohol dehydrogenase 3 genes. Transactivates both the phenobarbital responsive element module of the human CYP2B6 gene and the CYP3A4 xenobiotic response element.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed by a short N-terminal domain followed by the DNA binding, hinge, and ligand binding/dimerization domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Thr-38 by PKC, dephosphorylation of Thr-38 is required for nuclear translocation and activation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Recruited to the cytoplasm by DNAJC7.
- Information by UniProt
- CAR antibody
- CAR BETA antibody
- CAR1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Constitutive androstane receptor antibody (ab186869) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : U87 cell lysate
Lane 2 : BT474 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of rat kidney tissue labelling Constitutive androstane receptor with ab186869 at 1/100. Magnification: 400x.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human esophagus tissue labelling Constitutive androstane receptor with ab186869 at 1/100. Magnification: 400x.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human esophageal cancer tissue labelling Constitutive androstane receptor with ab186869 at 1/100. Magnification: 400x.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of U2OS cells using ab186869. Blue DAPI for nuclear staining.
ab186869 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Deng Y et al. Long non-coding RNA F11-AS1 inhibits HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma progression by regulating NR1I3 via binding to microRNA-211-5p. J Cell Mol Med 24:1848-1865 (2020). PubMed: 31880390
- Kovács P et al. Lithocholic Acid, a Metabolite of the Microbiome, Increases Oxidative Stress in Breast Cancer. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31461945
- Shubbar MH & Penny JI Effect of amyloid beta on ATP-binding cassette transporter expression and activity in porcine brain microvascular endothelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:2314-2322 (2018). WB . PubMed: 30048740
- Wang X et al. Constitutive androstane receptor activation promotes bilirubin clearance in a murine model of alcoholic liver disease. Mol Med Rep 15:3459-3466 (2017). PubMed: 28393244