Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Constitutive androstane receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Constitutive androstane receptor antibody
See all Constitutive androstane receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Constitutive androstane receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Human liver tissue. Fetal liver cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62590 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionBinds and transactivates the retinoic acid response elements that control expression of the retinoic acid receptor beta 2 and alcohol dehydrogenase 3 genes. Transactivates both the phenobarbital responsive element module of the human CYP2B6 gene and the CYP3A4 xenobiotic response element.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed by a short N-terminal domain followed by the DNA binding, hinge, and ligand binding/dimerization domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Thr-38 by PKC, dephosphorylation of Thr-38 is required for nuclear translocation and activation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Recruited to the cytoplasm by DNAJC7.
- Information by UniProt
- CAR antibody
- CAR BETA antibody
- CAR1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Constitutive androstane receptor antibody (ab62590) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Liver Tumor
Lane 2 : Human Stomach Tumor
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Anti-Constitutive androstane receptor antibody (ab62590) at 1.25 µg/ml + human fetal liver cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Antibody diluted in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer. Gel concentration: 12%.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human liver tissue labelling Constitutive androstane receptor with ab62590 at 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled hepatocytes. Magnification: 400X.
ab62590 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Effect of copper nanoparticles on brain cytochrome P450 enzymes in rats. Mol Med Rep 20:771-778 (2019). PubMed: 31180561
- Yang T et al. Quercetin-3-O-ß-D-glucoside decreases the bioavailability of cyclosporin A through regulation of drug metabolizing enzymes, transporters and nuclear receptors in rats. Mol Med Rep 18:2599-2612 (2018). PubMed: 30015887
- Gao XJ et al. Bacterial Outer Membrane Vesicles from Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis Differentially Regulate Intestinal UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 Partially Through Toll-Like Receptor 4/Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase/Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase Pathway. Drug Metab Dispos 46:292-302 (2018). PubMed: 29311138
- Hudson GM et al. Constitutive androstane receptor regulates the intestinal mucosal response to injury. Br J Pharmacol 174:1857-1871 (2017). PubMed: 28320072